• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

So i have some hard drives,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
and i would like to know is it possible to get rid of all the data on my old HDD's with out getting rid of the OS.

OR if i must, i have a winXP disk, but its quite old ;( so i would have to do updates and other various things, BUT ANYWAY, i do have that as an absolute last means, becuase i won't be getting windows 7 or w/e for a bit, gotta wash a few cows for the stepdad to get it....

as always, please and thank you very much <3

-Darksta

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To get rid of all data without reformatting you'll have to manually delete all there is to delete and uninstall everything, and it always leaves traces especially in the registry it would be faster to reformat if you have a lot of stuff installed, also I suggest you pick windows 7 over XP because of superior stability and performance

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
installed, also I suggest you pick windows 7 over XP because of superior stability and performance

" becuase i won't be getting windows 7 or w/e for a bit, gotta wash a few cows for the stepdad to get it.... "

i guess reformating everything is the only way to go... fun >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back