Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sod/clan rank

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
hey.
my sod and clan rank for some reasons are not working.
my clan work 100% and sod too just the ranks not
i have configured my sql.dll and clan.dll of course b4 i start the server i open clansodmanager configure it correctly and just get numbers
tnrh1 - Sod/clan rank - RaGEZONE Forums

any ideas?i followed all guides everything setup good here just one thing i am not sure about the sql.dll
there is an option to put ur ip there i configured that as my wan ip should i put my qsl adress there?
maybe upload a work 100% sql.dll could be a solution too
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Several "100%" sql.dll are linked on the forums... but which will work for you seems to be different for each person.

What you should put, as the IP, is what ever IP or address your game executable can use to access your SQL database. If it's on the same machine as the SQL server, then some variant of localhost is fine, if it's on another machine within the same NAT, then the LAN IP or hostname is fine. If it's on another machine on another network then you need to use the remote hostname, or IP for that machine.

However you are set up... CSM doesn't require sql.dll. It runs as a background service, monitoring the scores in the database and updating ranking in the database accordingly. So it's more important that CSM has the right connection information, database entries and security permissions to do those things.

For example... if CSM is run as a user, and users aren't allowed to write to the SQL database, everything will run fine, but the ranks won't be updated. I'm not saying that is your issue, but it's one of the many things you need to take into consideration.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
maybe that can help?
The server is configured to use pass-through authentication with a built-in account to access the specified physical path. However, IIS Manager cannot verify whether the built-in account has access. Make sure that the application pool identity has Read access to the physical path. If this server is joined to a domain, and the application pool identity is NetworkService or LocalSystem, verify that <domain>\<computer_name>$ has Read access to the physical path. Then test these settings again.

i guess its about premissions how i give premissions to my sql?and i need give premissions to more things like clancontent so that would help me with alot of things,

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think you are using a wrong script of SOD2DB. Check if in this scrip SOD2RecBySandurr in.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
yes of course its in.
i find out what is the problem.. when i try use softwares wich use sql server like clan tool/clansod manager/multimanager they cant connect to sql server i get error wich say sql server not exist or denied and it is exist! then now what?i tried press right click and properties on the sql client and give premissions to everyone [all users] still not work i guess i should give the premission from another place..any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
~bumped~
Come on guys I need your help, I am sure someone can help me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, looking at your pic. You have the first part right, by putting in your sql database id as the part for "SQL."

So now for the "USR" and "PW", that is your login id and password. I recommend you create a new login id and try it ^^, instead of using "sa." Such as id: tnrh1 and pass: asdf1.

Also, I am not saying this to be mean or anything, but the setup issue for this was in the ClanSystem release thread posted by Shagpub. Hope what I said helps to resolve your issue ^^.

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
i use shugpub release and i already tryed use another id and trust me, i have installed it right.

edit:about new id i already have the clan id "ClanManager"

like you can see every software that need take information from the sql stop in the security part and dont get access.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be more specific, he gets this error in MultiManager:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

Back