• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[SOLVED] 4.7.5 Server - Player location's resetting on logout/server restarts.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been working with 4.7.5 source server files, been noticing that after any logouts/server restarts players are always moved to last bound location, making it quite annoying for obvious reasons.

Any idea where in the source I can find to get this changed to save players position? I have scoured for a few hours on this topic with no luck.

Any and all ideas would be great.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look for
com.aionemu.gameserver.services.player.PlayerEnterWorldService;

Delete the line

TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint(player);

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for such a prompt reply. I cant believe I didn't check there, however; I deleted it, complied and yet still getting sent back to bind points.

Any thoughts on that?

Look for
com.aionemu.gameserver.services.player.PlayerEnterWorldService;

Delete the line

TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint(player);

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for such a prompt reply. I cant believe I didn't check there, however; I deleted it, complied and yet still getting sent back to bind points.

Any thoughts on that?

Change TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint (player); on TeleportService2.onLogOutOppositeMap (player);

And change the custom.properties file to:
gameserver.storebindpoint.enable = false
gameserver.reconnect.to.bind.point = false

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Change TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint (player); on TeleportService2.onLogOutOppositeMap (player);

And change the custom.properties file to:

I took a look, I can only find TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint (player); located in src/com/aionemu/gamerserver/services/player/playerenterworldservice.java
I tried to do the delete option mentioned above which didn't work.

I couldn't find TeleportService2.onLogOutOppositeMap (player); in any of the code.
I did try and replace TeleportService2.sendSetBindPoint (player); with it but I got error compiling for it so changed it back.

I also tried to add TeleportService2.onLogOutOppositeMap (player); under it which gave error obviously.

custom.properties didn't have these lines in it. (Added them to just try and didn't do anything)

Possible I didn't understand exactly what you meant?

I have searched all the code in using ctrl+f src/com/aionemu/gamerserver/services/player to find anything with logout, login, or bind but couldn't find anything all.

This is the original code that I can find located in playerenterworldservice.java
m4Vx1Rh - [SOLVED] 4.7.5 Server - Player location's resetting on logout/server restarts. - RaGEZONE Forums

Dart212 - [SOLVED] 4.7.5 Server - Player location's resetting on logout/server restarts. - RaGEZONE Forums

So confused why I can't figure this one out.
Do I need to add anything to PlayerLeaveWorldService.java possibly?

Appreciate the help given so far.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it Stinger.

The code for leaving/entering seemed fishy(aka missing something in it)

I honestly just rewrote both playerleavingworld and entering. I don't really like handouts just figured someone might know what was going on and save me a little bit of time!

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it Stinger.

The code for leaving/entering seemed fishy(aka missing something in it)

I honestly just rewrote both playerleavingworld and entering. I don't really like handouts just figured someone might know what was going on and save me a little bit of time!

You can also compare files of other emulators to speed up the process :) I did that once to fix the friend list bug as it was just missing some bytes at the end of the packet and voila! But sometimes these things aren't so simple to fix.

Upvote 0
Back