Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos some maps missing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded and compiled mangos from svn and I have been couple of days downloading newest wotlk client, searching for db etc. I got now the newest mangos server, psdatabase, and I have extracted the dbc, maps and vmaps from the client. But the problem is this:
I extracted the maps with ad.exe coming with Mangos svn source files and It workd fine, until I tried to run the server first time. Mangosd.exe keeps saying I'm still missing map 0002828.map. I put the right datadir to the config file and it should work, but it doesn't. Any Ideas why I'm missing some maps?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is the ad.exe for WOLKT client? you might find it isnt and some maps where changed meaning they are there but under a different name. Try extracting maps on the latest burning crusade client.

Karn

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded and compiled mangos from svn and I have been couple of days downloading newest wotlk client, searching for db etc. I got now the newest mangos server, psdatabase, and I have extracted the dbc, maps and vmaps from the client. But the problem is this:
I extracted the maps with ad.exe coming with Mangos svn source files and It workd fine, until I tried to run the server first time. Mangosd.exe keeps saying I'm still missing map 0002828.map. I put the right datadir to the config file and it should work, but it doesn't. Any Ideas why I'm missing some maps?
you need to rebuild your maps with new ad.exe i did upload it to filefront and you can get it

simply put it to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft (or wheres ur wow client exist) make folder maps
and run ad.exe it will generate 3587 map files next replace your C:\MaNGOS\maps with ones u just generated

Back