• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Some questions about quests.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After doing some Quest.wz editing, I have a few questions:

I want to have a quest that is repeatable (quest A), but only available until another quest is complete (quest B). I tried forcing the status of A to 2 upon completion of B (in the Act.img) but this doesn't work. I figured since you can check quest statuses you should also be able to set them.. am I doing it wrong?

What does "gender" mean in the Quest.wz? For example, in the quest "ReVersal" (4917), in the item sub property in Act.img, the variable gender is set to 2. As far as I know 2 isn't even a gender, so I'm a little confused.

And finally, is there any easy way to make quest drops only start dropping after a quest is received? Am I going to have to check for each quest and add each drop individually in MapleMap.java or is there an easier way? I also want to know how to make quest items untradeable and disappear when dropped, if anyone knows how to do this. This is disabled in my server by default.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Moongran
Reaction score
1. setting the repeatable to completed won't work.(unless you do it everytime a player logs in) think of how it works. you complete the quest and then it restarts. so what you have to do is stop the part that restarts it back to status 0. this can be done by making a condition that checks if quest B is completed(if so, return, else restart).
although if I remember correctly the client is responsible for repeatable quests.
2. it might mean its available for both genders.
3. in your SQL drop_data table add a column named quest. the default value should be 0 or -1 stating it is not quest related. any other value will be the questid the drop is related to. then, in your source, find the code for drops, and add a check for quest. you can look in pretty much every public source for examples.

Upvote 0
Back