• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Soul Order Online- hosting a server based on Talisman Online server files 207

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear forum.
I managed to run a server using files in this thread: https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/soul-order-developement-loking-for-support.1198811/

However, im only able to connect to it and enter a game from the old Talisman client.
When i do so, everything is working.

My goal is to run Soul Order Online tho.

I found out how to force SoulOrderOnline client v4.0.2 by patching client.exe to run it without game.exe.
I used Soul order ver 4.2.0 and ver 3.0.1 (both versions acts the same).

I am facing three problems:
1. When i try to update a client, after connecting to an update server it says: Server under maintenance...
I got a workaround for that: I patched client.exe to be able to run a game without need of updating.
Do you have any idea where i should start doing a research to solve that problem correctly? Any advises?

2. When i run a game (Soul Order Online) and try to login, it connects to a login server, but i get 'Connection Interrupted'.
On the server side i can see in logs: Receivecmd error, close session, user cmdid=5001

3. I want to understand what server is sending to the client and what client is sending back to a server using TCP IP.
So far i suspect, on the very first message, when client connects to a server, server is sending a message with ip and port of login or game server, but this is just my wild guess.
My server ip was: 192.168.1.174.
I prepared sample that is written in HEX- maybe someone can help me decode it propely?
Example 1.
Server sends to a client: 44 00 00 0A 00 00 00 0B 00 6E 00 00 00 76 6A 3D BF

Client is responding:

41 00 00 01 00 DE 27 6B

Back