Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Source Development

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been working on the 2016 source again lately, and I figured I would make a thread here to document my work/progress. So far, I've really only been able to build the source and attempt to run the NA/EU CBT2(209864) client. It of course does not run out of the box, and will require lots of edits to get working. I've fixed a couple things, but nothing quite substantial yet. My goal eventually is to get everything running, by utilizing the 2018 server bins as a guide for the structure of the server side, and getting the client working. From there, I'd like to upgrade the code to support newer classes and such, but we shall see. I don't have significant amounts of time these days to devote to these kinds of projects anymore, but I've enjoyed bdo for many years, so I'd like to at least get something running.

Some Issues
-x64 crashes on launch, it has an issue with initializing dx11, however x86 works fine
-x64 build process is a little wonky from my experience
-client doesn't want to launch due to mismatches in data(5k rev diff from code->client)

What I am looking for:
-People who also want to work on this
-NA/EU Alpha and CBT1 clients (These are VERY important, if you have these PLEASE let me know!)
-Patience, as this will be a long and arduous process.

I'll make sure to update this thread as I go through the nitty gritty of actually documenting the data changes, though having the alpha/cbt1 clients might make this process go faster. If you are interested in helping, let me know, by either replying to this thread, or sending me a PM. Once everything is ready, I will make sure things are released, however, I can not guarantee it will happen in a timely manner, if at all.

Project Discord:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had found many old client magnets, but all of them are currently inactive. If anyone has a server that is always online, they might be lucky enough to find some active ones.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to make a discord for people who want to follow the project and/or help,
Of course this thread will be updated as progress is made, for those who do not want to join.
Hello, is there any progress? I found that after the compiled client is run, it can only display the UI and does not render the character during the character selection stage. I am using the 2018 client resources.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, is there any progress? I found that after the compiled client is run, it can only display the UI and does not render the character during the character selection stage. I am using the 2018 client resources.

The project is abandoned.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I have been researching during my free time as well. The issue of not displaying characters seems to be related to the Windows 11 system and the outdated graphics card.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I have been researching during my free time as well. The issue of not displaying characters seems to be related to the Windows 11 system and the outdated graphics card.

What symbols are you talking about exactly? Post a screenshot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What symbols are you talking about exactly? Post a screenshot.
The game client can only display the user interface (UI) and is unable to show characters and scenes, meaning it cannot display anything related to 3D.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game client can only display the user interface (UI) and is unable to show characters and scenes, meaning it cannot display anything related to 3D.

The fact that characters are not displayed normally is probably a problem with StringTable or Font. And the fact that you can not go further into the client is most likely not compatible files in Paz and exe. But maybe I'm wrong.

Back