Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Starting a Server [Client 7.54]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I hope I haven't arrived too late to this forum :oops:

I became curious about how the development of WYD private servers works and ended up finding a great series by Rechdan creating a server using NodeJS. I followed the series and decided to start developing a server for the BR v7.54 Client using KTOR (Kotlin).

I made some progress in the development, successfully implementing the packet encryption/decryption function, receiving the login packet, and sending the packet with the message in banner format to be displayed in the client.

However, I got stuck on the login response packet, which should navigate to the character selection screen.

So, I ended up having some doubts, but I couldn't find much content on server development.

In this case, after login, I try to send the packet with the code 266 (0x010a if I'm not mistaken) and size 1928. Except for the username bytes sent from 1900 to 1911, the rest of the packet would be empty (assuming it's a newly created account).

I took most of the information from Rechdan's series and his Open Wyd Server code as a basis.

So I'm wondering what you guys do to discover the response the client expects for each specific packet. Is there any documentation for this somewhere?

It would be really sad to give up before even logging in :cry:

I've uploaded my server code on GitHub:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I hope I haven't arrived too late to this forum :oops:

I became curious about how the development of WYD private servers works and ended up finding a great series by Rechdan creating a server using NodeJS. I followed the series and decided to start developing a server for the BR v7.54 Client using KTOR (Kotlin).

I made some progress in the development, successfully implementing the packet encryption/decryption function, receiving the login packet, and sending the packet with the message in banner format to be displayed in the client.

However, I got stuck on the login response packet, which should navigate to the character selection screen.

So, I ended up having some doubts, but I couldn't find much content on server development.

In this case, after login, I try to send the packet with the code 266 (0x010a if I'm not mistaken) and size 1928. Except for the username bytes sent from 1900 to 1911, the rest of the packet would be empty (assuming it's a newly created account).

I took most of the information from Rechdan's series and his Open Wyd Server code as a basis.

So I'm wondering what you guys do to discover the response the client expects for each specific packet. Is there any documentation for this somewhere?

It would be really sad to give up before even logging in :cry:

I've uploaded my server code on GitHub:
Good friend, first of all you are looking in the wrong place Redchan doesn't know anything about wyd is the famous gypsy who thinks he's good and does little to look in the right places like WYD ARCH 7.73 7.56 7.62 among others on youtube he posts tutorials or forums or search for the contents of Ptrox which are very old, with the contents of redchan you will only have a headache he did nothing good here's the tip.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have no clue about this game in particular. But one thing you can do is to actually check what packets are being sent by sv/client (network sniffing) using wireshark. You connect to the original game, to the original authentic server, and just inspect the network packets. If the game is old and the server is shutdown, then the only way is to either check other server emu projects, or reverse engineer the client to see what it expects from the server.

Back