Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stuff members by IP.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well as I said earlyer when your IP changes just log to your original admin/gm account it'll update.

Sorry for not reading the whole thing... but I don't get this part.. so if the IP changes... you just log into your GM acc? But wasn't this acc just "protected" by an IP that just changed?

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
I said that when you use the !setipgm [charname] on someone in the SQL it'll be like:
AccountName | lastKnownIP
So now when you log to every account there is a check in the commandProccessor to see if you're IPGM if so you can do commands.
Once your IP changes when you log to your account that was in the SQL under AccountName it'll update you're new IP.

Last edited:
Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MACs are even easier to change than IPs. (Google: TMAC V5 R3 / Technitium TMAC)

I don't agree to this :/:
I thought its easy to fake a mac than changing it as to IPs you can change/fake it much easier than mac

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't agree to this :/:
I thought its easy to fake a mac than changing it as to IPs you can change/fake it much easier than mac

Not really. The internet communication is based on IP, not on MAC addresses. Sure, you can spoof a packet's source IP address, but you're also going to fail TCP handshake.

It's not as easy as just changing a registry entry and *poofs* your IP changes. Both the source and remote host need to know each other's IP address in order to communicate.

Which is why IP spoofing are only mostly used in DoS attacks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really. The internet communication is based on IP, not on MAC addresses. Sure, you can spoof a packet's source IP address, but you're also going to fail TCP handshake.

It's not as easy as just changing a registry entry and *poofs* your IP changes. Both the source and remote host need to know each other's IP address in order to communicate.

Which is why IP spoofing are only mostly used in DoS attacks.

Why did you bump this lol.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Nice job man, but that's pretty useless, no offense.

Back