• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

"T" Stance Animation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i'm relatively new to MMO mods, tho i do a lot of work on consoles, particularly the Wii. I'm trying to find a way to T stance models, (in game) when i rip them, so i can import them into another game (already figured out and how to rip the models). I was hoping that someone would know how to make a simple animation edit to one of the action emotes on PWI? basically if i can make one of the emotes a T stance pose it would help a ton with weighting and editing the models, shaving hrs off the time it takes to set it up to a rig. sorry hope that was clear enough, its late and I'm about to go to sleep. xD

ty for the help
~Sirks

Reaction score
We don't have an tools or scripts for the animations atm. There are structure files and templates so you could try editing them using those or if you know python you could make a script to import the skeleton and animations.

Have you managed to port any of the animations or skeleton yet? I'm curious to know more about what you are doing and how you are doing it. What software are you using?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yayy ty for the swift reply ^^ i am using 3dripper gx it rips pretty much any models from what ever source that runs on directx9, it rips the model in what ever pose it is captured in and no bones with it, tho it works. its only way i found to actually rip the server side models of ur account. i don't particularly need the bones for what i'm doing tho so that never was an issue. basically i need to rip the model and weight it to an entirely new skeleton, wich is why it would be easist to tstance it first before the rip, just makes it easier to weight. sadly i have no clue when it comes to scripting. would it be posible to hex the bones to a neutral default position?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I managed to rip and fully rig a model in about 30-45mins, it is not that hard to do, granted it can be awkward working without traditional T-poses or natural poses, but never the less it is not that difficult... then again i use 3ds max, so some solutions may be more difficult.

You could also look at the ski exporter designed for use with blender. From memory, the blender exporter also exports bones.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Interesting.

If you just need to repose the model then you could just create a simple FK arm rig, bind the skin then moved the arms into place using the joints and then delete the skin node. It should only take a few minutes to do.

I should get a copy of Max sometime and get familiar with it. I'm only really familiar with Maya and it would take me a lot longer than 30-45 minutes to make full rig with IK and FK. There are auto rig scripts that can do it that time though.

I don't recall Blender ever importing the bones. It imports the vertex groups but not the bones themselves. Maybe I just don't know how use Blenders bone and rigging system and they are hidden or something.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interesting.

If you just need to repose the model then you could just create a simple FK arm rig, bind the skin then moved the arms into place using the joints and then delete the skin node. It should only take a few minutes to do.

I should get a copy of Max sometime and get familiar with it. I'm only really familiar with Maya and it would take me a lot longer than 30-45 minutes to make full rig with IK and FK. There are auto rig scripts that can do it that time though.

I don't recall Blender ever importing the bones. It imports the vertex groups but not the bones themselves. Maybe I just don't know how use Blenders bone and rigging system and they are hidden or something.

actually i use 3dsmax 2010. i also have blender already for .ski imports. however the ski's u can actually get to r all the base templates for the models. what i'm ripping is actual models from the server. the ones of ur character AFTER u create them in the game. @ michae5k tru i can still rig the model without it t stanced. tho it takes a bit longer, because what i'm doing i can not edit the bones in any way to fit the model. (have to rotate each bone manually to fit and vertex the model to match the bones or it will cause graphical/freeze errors on the wii) t stancing would just make it many times easier to edit the model to fit.

maybe a link can help clerify what i need to do.
Login

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Oh that is so neat. It means I can use 3DRipper to rip models of GM characters and make mini actions figures of them that follow you around. I always wanted a little Spartan Panda :D

From the looks of your work it looks like it rips fashion too? Does it rip equipped weapons as well?

So basically what you are doing is taking a model from Perfect World and binding it to an existing skeleton from the game so the model will have animations from the game? Since the skeleton is different you have to move the verts on the model to match the new skeleton to prevent clipping and weird deformation?

I still think that creating a simple FK rig on just the arms and rotating the joints into place then deleting the rig, tweaking verts then binding to the new skeleton would be the easiest. Other than that I don't know.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It rips whatever is on the screen. Including weapons and fash. tho I would use the rip as object setting. The default setting seems to have some errors with display like most weapons r invisible and parts of fash. Should work for that tho. I think the hardest part i'm gonna have is t-stancing the hand. Lol may just steal the hands off another model. Anyway ty for the help. ^^

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It rips whatever is on the screen. Including weapons and fash. tho I would use the rip as object setting. The default setting seems to have some errors with display like most weapons r invisible and parts of fash. Should work for that tho. I think the hardest part i'm gonna have is t-stancing the hand. Lol may just steal the hands off another model. Anyway ty for the help. ^^

hi mate this is very easy to make your characters T-pose

you don't need to edit animations
you can set animations count to 0 in ECM file of character
no animations will result in default pose which is T-pose

unpack your models.pck with spck.exe from Ronny
go to models\players\形象\
this folder contains all the characters
males are
females are
veno is in 妖精 folder i guess she is not male or female^^
for example let's take female elf priest it's located in 羽灵
most of the time there are 2 folders

- contains textures and some ski's files - this folder is good to recognize characters classes/races and try to type in folder name (羽灵女) in google to make sure it's what you want

躯干
- include ski textures and most important ecm files we need to edit
so let's go to that folder

you should be now in this directory models\players\形象\羽灵女\躯干

open file 羽灵女.ecm and find line ComActCount:
mine by default was ComActCount: 445
change 455 to 0 (=no animations)

so it should look like this

ComActCount: 0

Save ecm file and add it back to models.pck file with spck.exe tool

now when you start game your character won't have any animations at all resulting in T-pose

accloginScree - "T" Stance Animation - RaGEZONE Forums ingameScree - "T" Stance Animation - RaGEZONE Forums
here is a female seeker

gl :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omg! Tytyty I love u forever xD i'll try it once I get internet back, (on phone atm). ty so much!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thats A pose not T pose. There is a difference. T pose is with the arms straight out like a T. A pose is with arms bent down like an A. AFAIK all the models are in A pose by default. Except non-bipedal of course.

Either way this is still helpful. If this is what they are after then I guess it was just minor miscommunication.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omg! Tytyty I love u forever xD i'll try it once I get internet back, (on phone atm). ty so much! Actually I was just looking for an easy straight pose to work with. i can easily t-pose from that. Any chance someone can link me to a working link for the latest packer? Cant seem to locate it while using the phone.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats A pose not T pose. There is a difference. T pose is with the arms straight out like a T. A pose is with arms bent down like an A. AFAIK all the models are in A pose by default. Except non-bipedal of course.

Either way this is still helpful. If this is what they are after then I guess it was just minor miscommunication.

By saying T-pose i usually mean "default" pose. Going from A to T and opposite is very easy, easier than trying to deform idle animation pose to any of those 2.

That's what I would be after symmetric default pose

Upvote 0
Reaction score
hi mate this is very easy to make your characters T-pose

you don't need to edit animations
you can set animations count to 0 in ECM file of character
no animations will result in default pose which is T-pose

unpack your models.pck with spck.exe from Ronny
go to models\players\形象\
this folder contains all the characters
males are
females are
veno is in 妖精 folder i guess she is not male or female^^
for example let's take female elf priest it's located in 羽灵
most of the time there are 2 folders

- contains textures and some ski's files - this folder is good to recognize characters classes/races and try to type in folder name (羽灵女) in google to make sure it's what you want

躯干
- include ski textures and most important ecm files we need to edit
so let's go to that folder

you should be now in this directory models\players\形象\羽灵女\躯干

open file 羽灵女.ecm and find line ComActCount:
mine by default was ComActCount: 445
change 455 to 0 (=no animations)

so it should look like this

ComActCount: 0

Save ecm file and add it back to models.pck file with spck.exe tool

now when you start game your character won't have any animations at all resulting in T-pose

View attachment 113826View attachment 113827
here is a female seeker

gl :)

Very nice, you beat me to it :):
I knew this was possible because it's almost the same as when you put an item on a character that it doesn't have animations for, EX: putting GM wings on a BM, the BM will stand stiff in whatever pose they were in (when you activated the wings...) Though I will admit I haven't looked at an ECM in ages, so I wouldn't have known offhand that it was "ComActCount" :wink: So, thank you for the excellent post :):

actually i use 3dsmax 2010. i also have blender already for .ski imports. however the ski's u can actually get to r all the base templates for the models. what i'm ripping is actual models from the server. the ones of ur character AFTER u create them in the game. @ michae5k tru i can still rig the model without it t stanced. tho it takes a bit longer, because what i'm doing i can not edit the bones in any way to fit the model. (have to rotate each bone manually to fit and vertex the model to match the bones or it will cause graphical/freeze errors on the wii) t stancing would just make it many times easier to edit the model to fit.

maybe a link can help clerify what i need to do.
Login

Your link doesn't work for me :(:

Any chance someone can link me to a working link for the latest packer?

Download PW_DEV.ISO from my release ( HERE ). Though that is more like ALL PW tools, so it will surely be tons of 'bloatware' if you're seeking ONLY pwpack, I don't know for sure of any individual pwpack DL's =\

Upvote 0
Reaction score
343 just click the link then in the search box search for Sirkuras name and you will find her thread.

I should have some packers in my files somewhere.

sPCK.7z - sPCK
pwpack.7z - pwpack

These are old links of mine. It looks like both packs contain batch files for easy use. Take your pick on what you want.

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another tool i have recently started using for various game development and 3d asset projects is the online auto-rigger provided by maximo.
See Mixamo: Auto-rigger

It is the best automatic rigging solution i have found to date.

BEST BIT? its free for models under 10k tris.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thats going too far. Its nice and all but it does absolutely everything for you. There is no skill in using something like that and you don't learn anything. I enjoy rigging my characters even if I have to paint weights. I like to have the freedom to build my rigs how I want them.

I watched the video and saw an import from Daz Studio check box. People can just buy a model, load it in Daz, dress it up then export to Mixamo, click a few buttons to rig and then select an animation. They can then turn around and say look what I did when in reality they did less than 5% of the work and don't understand anything that goes on behind the scenes. In a matter of minutes they have something that looks just as good and something that took others months to make.

I can see how it can be useful but it just simplifies things too far.

This is not an attack at you btw but the software itself. I'm all for taking the odd shortcut but not skipping straight to the finish.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i couldn't use that anyway unfortunately. i need to use 3ds max 2010 for a specific exporter it has and a script needed. i can't even use blender. tho the A-stance tip helped a ton. ty everyone ^^ also internet back w00t!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats going too far. Its nice and all but it does absolutely everything for you. There is no skill in using something like that and you don't learn anything. I enjoy rigging my characters even if I have to paint weights. I like to have the freedom to build my rigs how I want them.

I watched the video and saw an import from Daz Studio check box. People can just buy a model, load it in Daz, dress it up then export to Mixamo, click a few buttons to rig and then select an animation. They can then turn around and say look what I did when in reality they did less than 5% of the work and don't understand anything that goes on behind the scenes. In a matter of minutes they have something that looks just as good and something that took others months to make.

I can see how it can be useful but it just simplifies things too far.

This is not an attack at you btw but the software itself. I'm all for taking the odd shortcut but not skipping straight to the finish.

I agree 100% with you, however i would view it as web-developers using Dreamweaver. for example i learnt html,xhtml,css,php etc without the need for dreamweaver, yet for fast deployment i employ the use of DW as a wysiwyg editor. However if someone with no knowledge of web development picks up DW and starts using it to create website....they are pretty much shooting themselves in the foot.

Basically if you know what you are doing, use shortcuts if needed, however tools are not a replacement for experience or knowledge, i personally learnt rigging/animation and 3d modeling around 2 years ago using solely 3DS Max for several game development projects, however at this stage to save time i tend to on occasion use solutions including Mixamo for humanoid assets.

Upvote 0
Back