Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The biggest problem what i see on Aion Server.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi at all.
The biggest Problem that i see is:
Why any ppl start an own server local and plays alone?
Im working on an 3.9 server and classic server as example. Some said to me "Build it on C# or C++ and i play it"....
I play at the moment with a friend sometimes as duo team, sorry for a duo team im not start coding and C Server. :D

Why we split us and play alone on our local machine? I was thinking we are Aion fans, why not get together and start an server on that we can play as teams and against teams?

And im not talking about an money print machine, no an paidfree server on that we can get the good old days back.
Im simply confused about this. Playing an mmorpg alone is the baddest thing ever i would say XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm actually just lurking around the forums looking for a new game to play and stumbled at Aion, but have never played it but I did play a few MMOs alone and built servers to play single player so I'm just wanting to share my thoughts.

As for me, I don't really have friends both IRL and Online, so I don't have a choice. I prefer high version of servers usually because single player became a modern tendency so some MMOs introduced ways of clearing every content alone. MapleStory for example is way different than how it used to be back then, it became all about solo progression past the "big bang update" in 2011, I think? Okay I got close, it happened in decemeber of 2010.

The game turned into an all about damage kind of gameplay, leveling up was eased by a lot so team effort, party buffs, Party Quests were becoming less and less relevant.

Anyways, some people (like myself) just wants to play MMOs like single player when they want to chill, which is fair since MMOs are really really good games, not just grinding simulators, they are good games, I made a Perfect World server and listened to the songs, saw the cities I used to visit in my childhood, played with the different classes, leveled most of them up enough for endgame content, it is fun even for today's standards. I mean, if it wasn't, I wouldn't be playing over something like Elden Ring or Skyrim which are freaking amazing games with replayability.

MapleStory is still lots of fun, though our community struggles with cash grabbers and betrayals so yeah it's a pretty separated community, it's very unfortunate. Lots of high ver servers are incomplete so we're stuck with a version of 2009 and one high rate server that still featured tons of bugs for normal, non-dev, non-GM gameplay. Perfect World received some love, game can be played for 100% of its completion, I haven't seen a bug in my server like ever.

Back