Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The 'Music' Lounge

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there
What's going on guys, it's me Jasper here. Since there is no suggestion section available on this forums I think this the only section where my thread fits.

I'd like to talk about
So, since I probably love RageZone just as much as you guys. (I've been here for over 3 years, I just don't post alot and forgot the login details of my old account including my e-mail) I want to talk about the 'Music Lounge'. It seems that the only guy who is actually releasing his own tracks here is 'Mental'. Rest of the people are just spamming the boards with new music from international artists.

Not sure,
I'm not sure if there are more people like 'Mental' or me here on the forums who actually produce their own songs or have any experience with it, but we probably do. I'm currently working on my 'programming my own sounds' skills. For ex. learning all the features that NI Massive has. Or program some serious house synths. There is really no forum on the web that connects musicians. And with this I mean a forum in this case a section where people can get some good tips or advice. For example I remember a guy from i guess 2 years ago, who was pretty active here in this music section. Unfortunately I forgot his name but I believe he was a professional mixer. People like him can be crucial to others when it comes to giving tips etc. Or maybe Mental has some tips for us how we can record our guitars with the quality he does. Or his friend would like to do some vocal parts on our own tracks aswell. < These are just some random idea's of how it could be.

So what's my point
I'd like to hear your opinion about splitting up the 'Music Lounge' in different section, so people can still talk about new mainstream hits and at the same time musicians can share their idea's or share their tips and tricks, collab etc.

Last word
I hope you get what I mean. And if you don't I'm here to answer all your questions. Please, give me your opinion on this. Thanks!

/discuss

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. Also don't jump to conclusions on who's releasing their own music and who isn't. I had one track released 1-2 months ago with FL Studio, but I havent worked on any other tracks since I'm having studies and work on a game of mine, but I can post it again so you can check it out if you want.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It wasn't my intention to jump to conclusions on who's releasing their own music and who isn't. But I hope you get what I mean if I say that generally this Music Lounge is all about 'Hey look at this new Pitbull song', instead of people who are talking about recording equipment, vst-plugins, daws etc.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's true, it would be more fun if artists do release stuff here, but everyone is afraid or ripping and stuff...
Considering this as a suggestion, this should be placed in The Front Desk/Suggestions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh wooops. How could I miss that, sorry =/ . Can someone with powers move this thread to the Suggentions section. And yea, it's not only about people sharing their work, it's also about connecting and learning from each other. For example I could start by writing or filming some 'Vanguard' tutorials just for the community. I will also tell some of my friends to join us, which will basicly help giving the part of the community that makes music or want to get involved in making music a boost.

Reaction score
Why is called "Music" Lounge? It's called "Music" Lounge, because, here everyone posts what ever they want about music. Doesn't matter if is your own or is international song of random artist.

It's a good idea what you said when you started this topic, just that i had to say.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well he didnt meant to have the whole section only for artist posting their work, he meant that there should be a sub section about artists, not just a thread. At least that's what I've understood, correct me if I'm wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well he didnt meant to have the whole section only for artist posting their work, he meant that there should be a sub section about artists, not just a thread. At least that's what I've understood, correct me if I'm wrong.

exactly. =) The 'Music Lounge' could be the lobby. So you can split that up in for example a 'VST/DAW' section or a 'Recording' section.

Reaction score
It seems a good idea initially, but you said it yourself, MentaL is almost the only person who releases their own music. Sure, maybe 2 or 3 others included, so there's not really a huge demand for such a section.

Reactions: 404
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems a good idea initially, but you said it yourself, MentaL is almost the only person who releases their own music. Sure, maybe 2 or 3 others included, so there's not really a huge demand for such a section.

Well I do believe that everyone has 'something' with music. It doesn't really matter what. A little section for it is more than enough. It could also attract new members to the forums, and I'm pretty sure that more people here on the forums do something with music, or want to do something with music than we know. I'm also pretty sure, that more than 80% of the RageZone members have never looked at The 'Music' lounge. Simply beceause they think there's is nothing to do there.

And just like Thunda said, it might be a motivation or inspiration for other people to start making music. Personally I would say, why don't you give it a try it might work out.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why not just add a sub section to the music lounge.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well having this as a sub section might be a motivation for new artists.

Why not just add a sub section to the music lounge.

That's what Tyler's post was referencing - adding a subforum to the music lounge. Tbh, as he said, there aren't many people really doing it, so the section would die off eventually.

Once more people start doing it, and the demand becomes greater I think it would then become a possibility.

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've released I believe 2 songs I have produced.

I think it's a good idea so it gets more recognized.

Very good idea.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well when I first joined RaGZONE, I wasn't particularly inspired to create music by the Music Lounge, so I don't see why other users would be.

Well first of all, everyone gets his inspiration from something else. Having that said, The 'Music' lounge has never been an active section in RageZone. There could be two reasons for this, people think there is nothing to do and think it's just a couple of random guys posting some house mixes. Or nobody really cares about music here at all.

Besides that, take a look at The Portfolio section it also has some interesting sub-forums. Well that's basicly the idea, and I don't really see why you would reject this idea. If it doesn't work out you could easily delete the sub-forums.

Oh and about the amount of people who are interested in these extra sub-forums. I guess you've never heard of the 'snowball effect' < if that's correct english =/

Back