• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

The 'Show Off' topic

Daemonsring Developer
Reaction score
Re: The 'Show Off' thread - Part 2

Improved Graphics + gunz 2 maps

Features
+ Dinamic lighting
+ Normal map
+ Shadow map
There isn't collision test yet as you can see in the video
I'm working to add more effects to the renderer

To see in better quality put at 720p

Very impressive!
With this, GunZ 1 won't die.

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

OM36d - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

JsDYk - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

p9pz0 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

1v1 clan wars (which were commented out), clan war with people outside of your clan, and clan creation requirements (including player requirements) removed.

Fairly simple but still something nice.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

1v1 clan wars (which were commented out), clan war with people outside of your clan, and clan creation requirements (including player requirements) removed.

But then it's no longer a "clan war".

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

My way of using bandicam *Whit the newest SDK "1.7.1(STABLE)"*, i didn't like MAEIT one.
Bandicam - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums Bandicam2 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums Bandicam3 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

*@SecretsOThePast: it's nice but it's removing all the sense of having a clan, they made duel tournament for that, we could always allow the clan war to be *2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5/6v6/7v7/8v8* correct me if i I'm wrong, but i've only seen 2v2 and 4v4 clanwar in Gunz "i only played a couple of month so lol".*

Attachments

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

*@SecretsOThePast: it's nice but it's removing all the sense of having a clan, they made duel tournament for that, we could always allow the clan war to be *2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5/6v6/7v7/8v8* correct me if i I'm wrong, but i've only seen 2v2 and 4v4 clanwar in Gunz "i only played a couple of month so lol".*

I removed duel tourny in my server. It's a flawed game mode. Who likes sitting around watching other people duel after you lose the first round? I don't, and I am sure my players don't either >_<

It has too many people waiting for action, and not enough "in your face" action.

By removing the unneeded downtime from DT and merging it into CW, you make a ranking system that outshines DT by a ton, and give people something to do. Combine that with the clan creation restrictions being removed and you always have a competitive gamemode available.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I removed duel tourny in my server. It's a flawed game mode. Who likes sitting around watching other people duel after you lose the first round? I don't, and I am sure my players don't either >_<

It has too many people waiting for action, and not enough "in your face" action.

By removing the unneeded downtime from DT and merging it into CW, you make a ranking system that outshines DT by a ton, and give people something to do. Combine that with the clan creation restrictions being removed and you always have a competitive gamemode available.

True, but the fact is in that the cw risk to end only as 1on1 match, since some people care alot for the score of they clan "they will prefer to 1v1", but it's a great way to make quicker 1on1 i can't say otherwise, but ehh let's stop arguing on that's =P, TBH i wanted to do the same before they release DT mode.

MAEIT should've created a 1v1 mode instead of DT, since it's what 90% of the Gunz player is seeking for, permanent score/server ranking, so they would be able to see who's the #1,#2,#3, etc on the server, but whit a mode like that, the actual problem would be swapping but it could be easily fixed whit a limit of 1match per player (If p1>p2) next match (p1-(CannotVS)-p2) but if (p1>p3) he would be able again to (p1>p2) and the restriction would change to (p1-(CannotVS)-p3), making it like CW (Click and request match info, whit an intelligent system that would take a player that is near the ranking as the player who is requesting a 1on1 to make everything smooth and not being 2 easy for him or the opponent).

It took me year to write that ugh... sometime i would really want to know English better then i do ATM...

Last edited:
Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

True, but the fact is in that the cw risk to end only as 1on1 match, since some people care alot for the score of they clan "they will prefer to 1v1", but it's a great way to make quicker 1on1 i can't say otherwise, but ehh let's stop arguing on that's =P, TBH i wanted to do the same before they release DT mode.

MAEIT should've created a 1v1 mode instead of DT, since it's what 90% of the Gunz player is seeking for, permanent score/server ranking, so they would be able to see who's the #1,#2,#3, etc on the server, but whit a mode like that, the actual problem would be swapping but it could be easily fixed whit a limit of 1match per player (If p1>p2) next match (p1-(CannotVS)-p2) but if (p1>p3) he would be able again to (p1>p2) and the restriction would change to (p1-(CannotVS)-p3), making it like CW (Click and request match info, whit an intelligent system that would take a player that is near the ranking as the player who is requesting a 1on1 to make everything smooth and not being 2 easy for him or the opponent).

It took me year to write that ugh... sometime i would really want to know English better then i do ATM...

Don't worry about your english, I know what you mean :) a rating system would be great for gunz, no doubt.

The only problem would be locking players into a character so they can't make another account and thrash new players immediately.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Don't worry about your english, I know what you mean :) a rating system would be great for gunz, no doubt.
The only problem would be locking players into a character so they can't make another account and thrash new players immediately.
C=Character
A=Account
We could use hardware check in that case and store it into the database (Multiple character)-If C2 exist paste score data only if the score is C1>C2 else when he will want to 1on1 on C1 it will C2>C1" (The ranking would now be on the account instead of character or a codename that would mask the character name in this mode) or if "A1(HW)=A2(HW), deny the access to 1on1 mode on A2" or if using codename "A1 and A2 would be on the same codename" since the HW would be the same, in case of recovering he's codename if it's not the same HW as A1,A2,etc a RecoveryPassowrd "that would have been required to create a codename" then HWCheck (If HW Already exist in another codename) > codename swap would not work. could help in fighting against the user who is creating multiple codename, the trade would be fair A PC for a new Codename.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Look into League of Legends' rating system. There are always 10 placement matches at the beginning of each season which gives extra rating on winning, and also decreases extra rating on loss.

This could also help;

Last edited:
Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score

more.swap

Attachments

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Phoenix - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

because I sometimes hear about weapons and reward items. Simply from NPC.

OMG I HAD THE EXACT SAME IDEA!!! no joke i seriously wrote this down in 2011 was planning to implement but my computer is for school only XD nice job :3

Last edited:
Back