• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

The 'Show Off' topic

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: The 'Show Off' thread - Part 2

Every thing coded from scratch. I'm not using any code from RS2/3, only the data(models/textures) of course.
Lighting is made using deferred rendering, I'm drawing about 200 lights (believe or not) in real-time, + normal map, SSAO, and DoF you will notice it better in 720p.
For the collision I'm using Bullet library.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There are in broswer game engines where something like this could be created.

please tell me how you are going to convert it to an elu format?

thanks to wizkid, he told me to use SilverLight, Php Or Javascript to create an elu viewer based on the source elu viewer.

Gonna look into that shortly

Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score

QKkG9or - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

0q3PbkF - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

n5Zq1R1 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

KlW9mS - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

EkO9uj8 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

please tell me how you are going to convert it to an elu format?

thanks to wizkid, he told me to use SilverLight, Php Or Javascript to create an elu viewer based on the source elu viewer.

Gonna look into that shortly

Idk im not a modeler but im sure u can import and then export

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

There are in broswer game engines where something like this could be created.

yes something like this( WebGL):

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

still workin on it.:mellow:

This is just some flash. There is no actual coding done into that so far.

Judging by how the models look. I can tell that's just an image.

Attachments

Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ofcourse i will code that poop lol. About the models, we need to convert ELU VIEWER

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ofcourse i will code that poop lol. About the models, we need to convert ELU VIEWER

Or just abandon the project and move on to a different game.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Let's just say, I have to recode it to a web based langauge..
because that's what you're hoping for.

Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Let's just say, I have to recode it to a web based langauge..
because that's what you're hoping for.
I'm hoping nothing from you.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok so I was trying to get Wucas' Wicked Willy added to the mansion quest, and my first attempt didn't go as planned. I actually forgot to paste the elu file. But this is the result I got, and I kinda like them, I shall keep them as my robot goblins :p

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score

Preview of my new GMCP. (Watch in HD / fullscreen)

- PDO
- Hash locations for nice fade effects
- Will communicate with an API by Linear88. (Say you ban/mute someone, the user will be instantly disconnected in-game.)
- Possibility to schedule announcements.
- Many more advanced features.

As you can see, it's not done yet and contains some bugs.
Also, ignore the ugly icons for the top menu.

Reaction score

NPC's can now wonder if you're not in the range distance(which can be adjusted via XML in GFS), they also sense where you are, and can evade your attacks, but not so well, but, they can.
Custom Spawn Points for NPC's on other maps. The NPC spawns, but has no action state or even an idle state, it's completely invalid, spawning groups is tricky, they spawned and disappeared right away, probably an indication that there may be some map edits that involve NPC action states or group npc spawning.

QUntfKa - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

ZGKpJcX - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

d3Ubbne - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

U1ezwSu - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

RCeTkzj - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

A fully working shop with our new interface(thanks Dawson for the V1-4 Clients which allowed us to do this!)

K60BB9 - The 'Show Off' topic - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Preview of my new GMCP. (Watch in HD / fullscreen)- PDO- Hash locations for nice fade effects- Will communicate with an API by Linear88. (Say you ban/mute someone, the user will be instantly disconnected in-game.)- Possibility to schedule announcements.- Many more advanced features.As you can see, it's not done yet and contains some bugs.Also, ignore the ugly icons for the top menu.
You don't need to do that with an API. Hell it would be much easier by just checking the object's usergrade by updating the account information on a certain interval and disconnecting if the usergrade is set to banned. For muting you would need to add a variable in which the usergrade at login is stored. By comparing that variable and the updated usergrade, you could check if an account was muted during that login session and disconnect if that is the case.

Anyways, that acp is pretty awesome actually. Especially seeing we currently have a very basic one at DG :p

Last edited:
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score

You don't need to do that with an API. Hell it would be much easier by just checking the object's usergrade by updating the account information on a certain interval and disconnecting if the usergrade is set to banned. For muting you would need to add a variable in which the usergrade at login is stored. By comparing that variable and the updated usergrade, you could check if an account was muted during that login session and disconnect if that is the case.

Anyways, that acp is pretty awesome actually. Especially seeing we currently have a very basic one at DG :p

Well yeah the API by Linear also makes it possible to whisper people and to announce messages.
This can be very useful to schedule an announcement such as "Go duel tournament!" every 30 minutes or so.

Of course, this could also be done in MatchServer by doing checks every now and then, but the API will be a bit easier to use and it's a tool which can be updated anytime without a MatchServer restart.

Last edited:
Back