Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thoughts on this new PC?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So i am building my new PC wondering if you guys have any thoughts on what i have chosen so far? here it is for ya's to check out!

CPU:

Motherboard:

GPU:

PSU:

Ram:

Case:

HDD 1:

HDD 2:

HDD 3:

Total: $1333AUD ($33AUD P&H if i bought it off the site)
Obviously would shop around for better deals locally but these are a guideline on what i have chosen really and just looking for a few thoughts?

Slight upgrades on hardware that run better than what i have in there etc?

thanks guys

-Emerged :thumbup:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not too shabby if you ask me.

If it were my build I'd change a few things here and there.

1. I'd invest a bit more in a motherboard. It's one of the most important parts of your computer so it's deffo worth it. If you can, have a look at the asus ones. I'm using a P8P67 EVO and I must say it's the best mobo I've ever had. Best option would be a Z67 motherboard.
2. Grab an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD if you can, they shouldn't be that much more expensive but the performance improvement is massive, almost double the speeds.
3. I noticed that you picked the H67 chipset, you really won't be needing that since the H67 chipset allows you to use the intergrated gpu of your 2600k cpu. Since you're going to use a dedicated videocard you're better off with either the P67 or Z67 chipset. P67 allows overclocking but no integrated gpu. Z67 allows both.
4. I don't know if you prefer ATI over NVIDIA but I'd recommend getting the GTX 560 Ti (This is totally up to you though, the 6950 is pretty much the equivalent of a 560 Ti). So you decide on that one.
5. Try and get an aftermarket cooler. Even if you're not going to overclock. Yes, the intel stock cooler will do just fine but I'd personally feel more safe with a sick cpu cooler in my rig, even if I wouldn't overclock.

That's pretty much it.

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think your going to get that. But if you are, then thats some overpriced piece of poopie. You could get alot better specification for alot less if you look around the net abit more.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I would go for GeForce over Radeon, but that's just personal opinion. And yeah that is really overpriced and shopping around would do you some good, overall it seems like a pretty beast computer.

Reaction score
$175

Combo deal with this mobo... for a deal ($155 for mobo)

$52

$105

$478 CAD total. That's like... even less AUD. =.='

Add in your solid state HDD and whatever other goodies you want and you EASILY have a better PC, and it's a better deal. This is why I love Canada.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Really I know its overpriced lol would rarely shop in aus for stuff but more wanted a note on hardware than money but thanks guys

Reaction score
Man, you poor AU's. You pay so much for things, I can get that same processer for like...

194.505 AUD

How?

An i7 2600K is $315 on NewEgg. In fact, we can get an i5 2500K from a RETAIL store for $4 cheaper than you can on NewEgg.

The fact is, PC parts are no more expensive here than they are over in the United States, with the single exception of graphics cards.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
$175

Combo deal with this mobo... for a deal ($155 for mobo)

$52

$105

$478 CAD total. That's like... even less AUD. =.='

Add in your solid state HDD and whatever other goodies you want and you EASILY have a better PC, and it's a better deal. This is why I love Canada.

To be honest, AMD doesn't have poop on Intel right now. Even an i7 920 will beat that X6 1090T. Yes, it might have two extra cores over the i7 but even then the i7 still beats it. AMD is honestly no match for Intel. Over here in The Netherlands, the i7 920 is about 150 euros and the 1090T is around 140. The i5 2500k for example is 170 euros, sure thats a bit more then the 1090T but you'll get what you pay for.

If you think the i7 2600k is too pricey then just get the i5 2500k. Nearly identical but the i5 has no HT, 2mb less cache and is 0,1ghz slower. You'll hardly notice that in games anyways. The difference between the i5 and i7 is like 100 euros, so not worth it. That's why I got the i5.

Back