Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

time out error on first attempt

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys pls help me out with this (server is OW)

when I start my game on my server pc and login, then I get "CONNECTION TIMED OUT" error.but on second try there's no problem at all.now unless I close the game completely there's no login errors at all.it just happen at first login attempt.now if I close game completely and start game again then this time out error comes up again at first login attempt. happens every time I start the game.

This error doesn't comes up when we login to some other pc other than my server pc.one of my friend in different country confirmed that he don't get this error when he connects to my server.

to resolve this error I have tried many things and tried different different server files provided by different different people.but this thing doesn't solve at all.

If someone can help me with this I will be greatly thankful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More than likely, you are only running one Manager Server. But most of the linux server files, and windows contain IP's and extra info for 3 of those. You will need to change all of the sections containing this to use only 1 manager server. And you'll need to make sure the windows files call the right port for the linux server port..

Things are all mismatched... These OW files, all of them are hacked up development files, not even a real production release.. Heck. they aren't even a complete OW patch...

Good luck,
Chris

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
More than likely, you are only running one Manager Server. But most of the linux server files, and windows contain IP's and extra info for 3 of those. You will need to change all of the sections containing this to use only 1 manager server. And you'll need to make sure the windows files call the right port for the linux server port..

Things are all mismatched... These OW files, all of them are hacked up development files, not even a real production release.. Heck. they aren't even a complete OW patch...

Good luck,
Chris

tnx for reply.
ur absolutely right abt ow files bro.they re messed up. GoF files were perfect. but these one have tons of errors.

tried it but didnt solved the problem

Back