• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

To what extent can you customize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok here goes. I can make it to where characters can use armor and weapons they normally could not, and use spells outside of their class. I am wanting to make more 'severe' customizations and this leads me to my question. Is it possible to do something like give a warrior mana and the ability to cast spells, or a warlock a rage bar to use warrior attacks? If it is possible, how? And what about custom models? Do you have to get into the databases, or the script files, or does it require hardcore programming? Any help would be appreciated. Or if there are any tuts on the subject. Thanks in advance everyone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For further customization, you might even create whole new items suited to the person (some people want particular set items to look a certain way, not always cheating).
As for giving mana to warriors, etc, I'm pretty sure it's possible. If you type .exporchar (.exportchar <charname> <whateveryouwant>.txt) as a GM, you will get a text file in the main directory of the server filled with the values of your character. You'll notice that caster characters have a mana= line, and warriors have a rage= line.
I beleive it's possible to have both on one character, but I never confirmed it. You'll have to find a UI mod that is multi-class enough (or whatever) and will show mana and rage in order to track it, but I'd suggest a test using the following:
Make a warrior and warlock character, export both upon entry to the world.
Open your "classes.scp" file (in your favorite text editor) and scoll down to where it (should say) "//Shadow Bolt" under the warlock section (just use ctrl+f).
Copy that line into the warrior's exported file, he should have some "spell"s of his own, just lump it with them. Add a mana amount to him exceeding the cost of the spell, and save the file.
Log into the warlock and type ".importchar <whateveryouwant>.txt", and wait for the "Done" message. Your warrior should now be updated, log on to him.
Then post here and let us know whether or not the spell works.

And before anyone calls me a deadbeat, I'd test it myself, but I don't have 24/7 access to the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will try that tonight as I am now going to work. Thanks for the suggestion...

Edit:No it did not work. The file that gets imported looks a lot like the character.scp file, and I tried previously to make the changes there with the same results. The warrior can learn the spell, but still says not enough mana when you attempt to cast.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will try that tonight as I am now going to work. Thanks for the suggestion...

Edit:No it did not work. The file that gets imported looks a lot like the character.scp file, and I tried previously to make the changes there with the same results. The warrior can learn the spell, but still says not enough mana when you attempt to cast.

they can cast spells if you do .modify mana command then put a value for how much you want ie

.modify mana 10000

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its doable to give warrior permanent Mana though it would be invisible, at least till someone works out how to make a 2nd "mana" bar visible

You can simply take the player_levelstats and edit them to give race/class 1 "Human/warrior" mana every level. see the result posted below.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
holy crap dude... this thread is a year old. Please don't bump old threads... -_-

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well. I knew I was missing something but thats a bit much :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back