• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tool]How to Compile With Netbeans [Detailed]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i followed every single step and my screen looks EXACTLY like yours but when i press f11 and go to documents\netbeanprojets\moopledev, there is no dist folder. only things in moopledev are- build(folder), nbproject(folder), build(xmldocument), and manifest.mf WHAT DO I DO?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you! It's been so long since I have actually editing the files I forgot. Thumbs up!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice thread. I think it's pretty helpful. I also laughed when you said: So goes for the 50+ private server threads. :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
help i get this

C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:30: possible loss of precision
found : int
required: byte
public static final byte DROP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:32: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:33: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\client\MapleCharacterUtil.java:10: getIdByName(java.lang.String) in client.MapleCharacter cannot be applied to (java.lang.String,int)
return isNameLegal(name) && MapleCharacter.getIdByName(name, world) < 0;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:28: possible loss of precision
public static byte EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:29: possible loss of precision
public static byte MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:31: possible loss of precision
public static final byte BOSS_DROP_RATE = 2690;
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\tools\MonsterDropCreator.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
7 errors
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:528: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:261: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

i have to this problem any can help plissss!!!!!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: illegal start of expression
public static int editEquipById(MapleCharacter chr, int max, int itemid, String stat, int newval) {
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: illegal start of expression
public static int editEquipById(MapleCharacter chr, int max, int itemid, String stat, int newval) {
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ';' expected
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ')' expected
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: not a statement
^
^
^
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:509: reached end of file while parsing
}

How too fix? im new too all this... did everything you did just couldnt see my dist after building... please help anyone :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please use the help section for help, this thread isn't for help; it's not like I check this tutorial anyways.

i followed every single step and my screen looks EXACTLY like yours but when i press f11 and go to documents\netbeanprojets\moopledev, there is no dist folder. only things in moopledev are- build(folder), nbproject(folder), build(xmldocument), and manifest.mf WHAT DO I DO?

I think you added the wrong source package for Moopledev because sometimes it doesn't build anything even though you think it does; I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will help you eventually.

C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:30: possible loss of precision
public static final byte DROP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:32: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:33: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\client\MapleCharacterUtil.java:10: getIdByName(java.lang.String) in client.MapleCharacter cannot be applied to (java.lang.String,int)
return isNameLegal(name) && MapleCharacter.getIdByName(name, world) < 0;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:28: possible loss of precision
public static byte EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:29: possible loss of precision
public static byte MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:31: possible loss of precision
public static final byte BOSS_DROP_RATE = 2690;
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\tools\MonsterDropCreator.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
7 errors
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:528: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:261: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

A byte is 1 byte, and it holds numbers, or data up to "128". If you put a number higher then 128, it can't store that number because there's not enough room, so change "public static byte" into "public static int" (ints are 4 bytes that hold up to 2147483647, I believe)

^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ')' expected
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:509: reached end of file while parsing
}

You left a bracket open somewhere, just add brackets randomly near the error place inbetween functions and hope it works, that's what I do <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Cyclone can you help me ?
when i was building (F11) i got 100 errors can you help ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol what do u mean add jars cause when i add jars it say please slect a file that my question what file

Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol sorry for asking jst don't understand what i doing wrong i got this error when i build Compiling 443 source files to C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\classes
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\BuddyList.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, BuddylistEntry> buddies = new LinkedHashMap<>();
(use -source 7 or higher to enable diamond operator)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:210: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<MapleMonster> controlled = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:482: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET banned = 1, banreason = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
(use -source 7 or higher to enable try-with-resources)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:2804: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (SQLException | RuntimeException e) {
(use -source 7 or higher to enable multi-catch statement)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:91: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<String> macs = new HashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:160: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery()) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:899: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (NoSuchAlgorithmException | UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\Skill.java:31: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
public List<MapleStatEffect> effects = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\SkillFactory.java:87: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static Map<Integer, Skill> skills = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\autoban\AutobanManager.java:18: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<AutobanFactory, Integer> points = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:86: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleBuffStat, Integer>> list = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:168: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (BufferedReader dis = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new URL("http://www.mapletip.com/search_java.php?search_value=" + sub[1] + "&check=true").openConnection().getInputStream()))) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:427: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException ex) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\Equip.java:90: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
ret.log = new LinkedList<>(log);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\Item.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
this.log = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\ItemFactory.java:58: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<Item, MapleInventoryType>> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\ItemFactory.java:166: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (ResultSet rs = ps.getGeneratedKeys()) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\MapleInventory.java:38: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Byte, Item> inventory = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\status\MonsterStatusEffect.java:40: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
this.stati = new ArrayMap<>(stati);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\gm\server\GMServer.java:56: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final static Map<String, IoSession> outGame = new HashMap<>();//LOL
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\PacketProcessor.java:32: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final static Map<String, PacketProcessor> instances = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\PlayerStorage.java:36: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final Map<Integer, MapleCharacter> storage = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\Server.java:68: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Map<Integer, String>> channels = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\Channel.java:70: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, HiredMerchant> hiredMerchants = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:254: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
player.announce(MaplePacketCreator.giveBuff(1, attack.skill, Collections.singletonList(new Pair<>(MapleBuffStat.HOMING_BEACON, monster.getObjectId()))));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\AbstractMovementPacketHandler.java:41: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<LifeMovementFragment> res = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\BBSOperationHandler.java:100: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM bbs_threads WHERE guildid = ? ORDER BY localthreadid DESC")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\BuddylistModifyHandler.java:66: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("SELECT id, name, buddyCapacity FROM characters WHERE name LIKE ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\CloseRangeDamageHandler.java:88: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleBuffStat, Integer>> stat = Collections.singletonList(new Pair<>(MapleBuffStat.COMBO, neworbcount));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\DueyHandler.java:79: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\DueyHandler.java:161: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<DueyPackages> packages = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\EnterMTSHandler.java:66: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MTSItemInfo> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\EnterMTSHandler.java:121: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM mts_items WHERE seller = ? AND transfer = 0 ORDER BY id DESC")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\FredrickHandler.java:102: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("DELETE FROM `inventoryitems` WHERE `type` = ? AND `characterid` = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\ItemIdSortHandler.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
ArrayList<Item> itemarray = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\MTSHandler.java:314: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement pse = con.prepareStatement("DELETE FROM mts_items WHERE id = ? AND seller = ? AND transfer = 1")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\MTSHandler.java:509: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MTSItemInfo> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\PlayerInteractionHandler.java:249: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
merchant.getMessages().add(new Pair<>(message, slot));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\ScrollHandler.java:103: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
final List<ModifyInventory> mods = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\SummonDamageHandler.java:77: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<SummonAttackEntry> allDamage = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\UseCashItemHandler.java:89: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleStat, Integer>> statupdate = new ArrayList<>(2);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\guild\MapleGuild.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, List<Integer>> notifications = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\guild\MapleGuild.java:145: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement(builder.toString())) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\CharSelectedHandler.java:51: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\CharSelectedWithPicHandler.java:34: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\ViewCharHandler.java:43: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT world, id FROM characters WHERE accountid = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\ViewCharHandler.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
worlds = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\world\World.java:56: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Channel> channels = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\world\World.java:212: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE characters SET guildid = ?, guildrank = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\AbstractScriptManager.java:62: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (FileReader fr = new FileReader(scriptFile)) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\AbstractScriptManager.java:64: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | IOException t) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:49: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MapleCharacter> chars = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:75: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException ex) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:219: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("INSERT INTO eventstats (event, instance, characterid, channel) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventScriptManager.java:47: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, EventEntry> events = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventScriptManager.java:72: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\item\ItemScriptManager.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, Invocable> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\item\ItemScriptManager.java:65: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\map\MapScriptManager.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, Invocable> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\map\MapScriptManager.java:68: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCConversationManager.java:353: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT name FROM alliance WHERE name = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCConversationManager.java:409: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MapleCharacter> chars = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCScriptManager.java:40: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleClient, NPCConversationManager> cms = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCScriptManager.java:78: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final UndeclaredThrowableException | ScriptException ute) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\portal\PortalScriptManager.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, PortalScript> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\portal\PortalScriptManager.java:69: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (ScriptException | IOException | UndeclaredThrowableException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\quest\QuestScriptManager.java:39: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleClient, QuestActionManager> qms = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorActionManager.java:64: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<ReactorDropEntry> items = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:45: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, List<ReactorDropEntry>> drops = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:61: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT itemid, chance, questid FROM reactordrops WHERE reactorid = ? AND chance >= 0")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\CashShop.java:133: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static final Map<Integer, CashItem> items = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:304: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
final List<ModifyInventory> mods = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleItemInformationProvider.java:73: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
protected Map<Integer, MapleInventoryType> inventoryTypeCache = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleMiniGame.java:42: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Integer> list4x3 = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MaplePlayerShop.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MaplePlayerShopItem> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleShop.java:45: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static final Set<Integer> rechargeableItems = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleSquad.java:35: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MapleCharacter> members = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStatEffect.java:147: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
list.add(new Pair<>(buffstat, val));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStorage.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleInventoryType, List<Item>> typeItems = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStorage.java:64: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("INSERT INTO storages (accountid, world, slots, meso) VALUES (?, ?, 4, 0)")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleTrade.java:41: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Item> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\life\MapleLifeFactory.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static Map<Integer, MapleMonsterStats> monsterStats = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\life\MapleMonster.java:63: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private WeakReference<MapleCharacter> controller = new WeakReference<>(null);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\HiredMerchant.java:59: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MaplePlayerShopItem> items = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\HiredMerchant.java:168: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE characters SET MerchantMesos = MerchantMesos + " + price + " WHERE id = ?", Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS)) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMap.java:83: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, MapleMapObject> mapobjects = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMapFactory.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, MapleMap> maps = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMapFactory.java:135: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try { try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM playernpcs WHERE map = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleTVEffect.java:36: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<String> message = new ArrayList<>(5);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\partyquest\PartyQuest.java:39: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MapleCharacter> participants = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\quest\MapleQuestAction.java:106: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
Map<Integer, Integer> props = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\quest\MapleQuestRequirement.java:161: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Integer> delta = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\tools\ArrayMap.java:84: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
list = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\tools\MaplePacketCreator.java:210: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
Map<Byte, Integer> myEquip = new LinkedHashMap<>();
95 errors
C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\nbproject\build-impl.xml:601: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\nbproject\build-impl.xml:243: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 seconds)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I followed all of the directions in this tutorial. This is just the beginning of a huge list of errors when I try to compile.

Updating property file: C:\Users\Wubbzz\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\built-jar.properties
Compiling 444 source files to C:\Users\Wubbzz\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\classes
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\BuddyList.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, BuddylistEntry> buddies = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:211: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<MapleMonster> controlled = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:483: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET banned = 1, banreason = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
Any help is greatly appreciated !

Use JDK and JRE 7 . Read ffs . -facepalm-

I am using jdk1.7.0_45 and jre7

What do you know, with a little bit of research I solved my problem. This may help someone else so I am going to share how I fixed it. Right click your project and go to "properties". Select "sources". On the bottom your will see "Source/Binary Format". Change the format to JDK 7 or whatever fits your need. Hope this helps someone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you know, with a little bit of research I solved my problem. This may help someone else so I am going to share how I fixed it. Right click your project and go to "properties". Select "sources". On the bottom your will see "Source/Binary Format". Change the format to JDK 7 or whatever fits your need. Hope this helps someone.
Hey, thank you so much - that fixed a problem that I was having. People normally don't update their posts with solutions, so I was really surprised - and quite thankful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:44: illegal start of type
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: <identifier> expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: '{' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: illegal start of expression
public List<ReactorDropEntry> getDrops(int rid) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:67: illegal start of type
ret = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: '{' expected
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT itemid, chance, questid FROM reactordrops WHERE reactorid = ? AND chance >= 0")) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: ')' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: '{' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: ')' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: 'catch' without 'try'
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: ')' expected
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: not a statement
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: ';' expected
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:68: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
try {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: illegal start of expression
public void clearDrops() {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: illegal start of expression
public void touch(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: illegal start of expression
public void untouch(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: illegal start of expression
public void touching(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor, boolean touching) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: <identifier> expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException ute) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: '{' expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException ute) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:114: reached end of file while parsing
}

hlepp plss

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
3 errors
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Dynasty\nbproject\build-impl.xml:601: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Dynasty\nbproject\build-impl.xml:243: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 4 seconds)

sorry guys this is the problem i meet now can anyone help me please

Back