• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[TUT] How To Make A HoloCMS Retro [TUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, and welcome to my FIRST tutorial

(Noob Friendly)

Things to download (only download these when your told to ;3)

1) HoloCMS -- -updated version

2)WinRAR --

3)MySQL --

4)XAMPP --

5)Microsoft Visual C#

6)Tortoise SVN

Ok, Lets get started :w00t:

Setting up your Server

1)download Tortoise SVN and Restart your computer [make sure you keep this in your Favourites/Bookmarks.]

2)Create a new folder on your Desktop and call it 'Holograph Emulator'

3) right-click this and click on 'SVN Checkout' then a box will come up. In the first field 'Url of Repository'and go on then copy that URL into the box

4) After that, click 'OK' and you dont need to change any settings in that box. Once you click ok, another box would come up wait for all of it to fishing downloading (the speed might be slow or fast, if you have a fast computer it would be fast etc.. ) it would take no longer than 5 mins, unless you have some REALLY SLOW COMPUTER :tongue:

Well done ! now you got your own Server, (you can check for updates whenever you want by clicking the folder and clicking SVN update.)

Install the MySQL ODBC Driver

Install XAMPP (note: when your download XAMPP, dont download the other 3 services)

Install Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition

Setting up HoloCMS

1) Open XAMPP control Panel and start Apache and MySQL

2) click the 'x' it would still be running at the bottom right of your computer.

3) Now go to (note: localhost will only work if Apache and MySQL is on)

4) Setup a Password and then click 'Change Password'

5) Go to Your Documents and at the top type in C:\xampp\htdocs\ delete EVERYTHING which is in there

Download WinRAR

Download HoloCMS

6) On the HoloCMS file right-click it and then click Extract All, let it all Extract

7) Copy All the Files in the Holocms Folder and paste them into your Htdocs folder.

8)go to , fill in the first field 'root' and the second with the password you have already created.

Creating Your Database

1) on the hompage of PHPMyAdmin go to Create new databadse and type in Holodb and click 'create' now on the left, click Holodb and at the top of the page click 'Import'.

2) Now click 'Browse' and find Holodb which is found on Holograph Emulator>Resources>Db>holodb.txt

3) now wait for everything to load.

Go to your Holograph Emulator>Bin>Debug>Bin>MySQL and where it would say Password as your password -.- change it to your XAMPP password.

Save.

Setting up your Site (lucky you):thumbup:

1)go to there will be a message saying something along the lines of ' you have not deleted install.php and/or upgrade.php ignore it by clicking 'click here'. Then click on 'Update Your SQL database (x1). Now go to your Htdocs folder and delete your upgrade.php.

2) click on new installation on the first field type in holodb second type in root third, your password fourth, just Localhost fifth is your IP ending with a slash (/)

3)click 'Submit' then click 'Start Installation' then Proceed.

4) Now you can make a admin account and do this !

5) after you do that, delete Install.php from Htdocs

6) now click on Housekeeping, here you can setup some importand things, like DCRS, and all that :tongue:

7) go to Site and Content and in the first field type in your name for your hotel, e.g. Crash Hotel (which is mine o_O LOL)

8)Second feild type in your Retro name, shorter, like Crash (again, mine xD)

SAVEE ;]

Go to Loader Configuration

You will see DCRS and TXTS and VARS, you can get prehosted ones, or you can host them your self go here for more help

- Help On Prehosted

- Help on Hosting own DCRS

Set Server is on Localhost to YES otherwise it will not work

go to your Holograph Emulator and open Holograph Emulator.CSPROJ none others only csproj. when you open click F5 or at the top the green arrow, you might need to click Holograph Emulator on the right side then press F5 or the green arrow, this will start it Debugging, so you can actually enter your Hotel, it will work all the rooms, public rooms, EVERYTHING XD

Keep the server started and your DONE !!!!!!!

Now you have your OWN habbo retro :) well done :p

Please email me at: cool-boy-786@hotmail.co.uk if you need help, or anything, i will solve,

also, write below if there is anything wrong.. if i need to update websites. ANYTHING ;]

This is my First ever Tutorial, please write if anything is wrong, i will get back to ya as soon as possible (DO NOT GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL, IF YOU WANT HELP, YOU ADD MINE TYY ;])

-lool:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Wow, i wrote all that? o_O

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Stop copying mine TUT'S please, u taking every tuts i maked, cant u for the fu*king help stop?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Woops wrong forum !

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Stop copying mine TUT'S please, u taking every tuts i maked, cant u for the fu*king help stop?

WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS MINE, I MADE FROM SCRATCH -.- your jealous

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can I use a r63 dcr with holocms?
And will this work for my website? I tryied to put the PHPRetro om my website, but that didnt work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can I use a r63 dcr with holocms?
And will this work for my website? I tryied to put the PHPRetro om my website, but that didnt work.

Hey, if you want, keep the r63 DCR's and i will make a PHPretro tutorial? if you want. idm ;]:tongue: just reply back here or PM me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, if you want, keep the r63 DCR's and i will make a PHPretro tutorial? if you want. idm ;]:tongue: just reply back here or PM me

Can you help me with that?
But I only have the R63 SWF´s Remixed

And thanks man

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help, when I go to this is what I see.

Index of /

HoloCMS 2.0.1 - BETA 7/
Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at localhost Port 80

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help, when I go to this is what I see.

Index of /

HoloCMS 2.0.1 - BETA 7/
Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at localhost Port 80

ah, ok,

Go to C:\\xampp>htdocs, in that folder should be all the files which was in HoloCMS 2.0.1 -BETA 7 nothing else, make sure you didnt copy the HoloCMS folder, but only the things inside it,

- lool (please reply here to tell me what happend)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ah, ok,

Go to C:\\xampp>htdocs, in that folder should be all the files which was in HoloCMS 2.0.1 -BETA 7 nothing else, make sure you didnt copy the HoloCMS folder, but only the things inside it,

- lool (please reply here to tell me what happend)

Right, now it takes me to the

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Im pretty sure I've done everything correct, but when I try click the loader this shows.

Notice: Undefined variable: language in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined variable: language in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 50

Notice: Use of undefined constant REMOTE_ADDR - assumed 'REMOTE_ADDR' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: y in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 89

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 142

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 142

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 268

Notice: Use of undefined constant hkusername - assumed 'hkusername' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Notice: Use of undefined constant hkpassword - assumed 'hkpassword' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 561

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 561

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 21

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 21

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you help me

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right, now it takes me to the

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Im pretty sure I've done everything correct, but when I try click the loader this shows.

Notice: Undefined variable: language in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined variable: language in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 50

Notice: Use of undefined constant REMOTE_ADDR - assumed 'REMOTE_ADDR' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: y in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 89

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 142

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 142

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 268

Notice: Use of undefined constant hkusername - assumed 'hkusername' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Notice: Use of undefined constant hkpassword - assumed 'hkpassword' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 368

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 561

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\core.php on line 561

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 14

Notice: Use of undefined constant username - assumed 'username' in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 21

Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\session.php on line 21

AFTER you do the installing on the HoloCMS then you would have to delete install.php from your htdocs folder, also, the 'codes' is because of the version of XAMPP, i might need to change that download link, sorry about that, i'm not SURE 100% but i know its something to do with you XAMPP, used to happen to be, but i changed to XAMPP 1.7.1 or something google it, or let me do it for ya link :

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Can you help me

Two Reasons

1) Either your DCRS or your server, make sure you have downloaded Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition correctly, it is like one of the most important thing there, once you do that open Holograph Emulator.csproj ONLY csproj one, the others wont do it, then once your on it, click Holograph Emulator on the right, and then once you do that click the green arrow, ( if you cant find it press F5 )
Then it will start Debugging, which means like it makes your WHOLE server work? its like very clever xD. it mainly works all your rooms, furni (your vars+txts will help that)

2) Another reason could be is your DCRS, you could either have Prehosted ones, or your own Hosted ones, its easier and simpler to have prehosted.
Installing DCRS to your Retro

1) got to your site, and because you are admin (this will only work on admin accounts) there will be a green tab near the top saying 'house keeping' go into it

2) Then go to 'Loader Configurations' which would be on the left and then you see the boxes where to fit your txts, dcrs, and vars find them by googling prehosted dcrs and that xD

THE LAST reason is maybe because on Housekeeping (which is located in reason 2) on Loader Configuration at the last box will say Is server on localhost Holograph emulator or something put that on YES, otherwise nothing will work,

:thumbup:please post if it works/doesn't work:thumbup:

-lool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AFTER you do the installing on the HoloCMS then you would have to delete install.php from your htdocs folder, also, the 'codes' is because of the version of XAMPP, i might need to change that download link, sorry about that, i'm not SURE 100% but i know its something to do with you XAMPP, used to happen to be, but i changed to XAMPP 1.7.1 or something google it, or let me do it for ya link :

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Two Reasons

1) Either your DCRS or your server, make sure you have downloaded Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition correctly, it is like one of the most important thing there, once you do that open Holograph Emulator.csproj ONLY csproj one, the others wont do it, then once your on it, click Holograph Emulator on the right, and then once you do that click the green arrow, ( if you cant find it press F5 )
Then it will start Debugging, which means like it makes your WHOLE server work? its like very clever xD. it mainly works all your rooms, furni (your vars+txts will help that)

2) Another reason could be is your DCRS, you could either have Prehosted ones, or your own Hosted ones, its easier and simpler to have prehosted.
Installing DCRS to your Retro

1) got to your site, and because you are admin (this will only work on admin accounts) there will be a green tab near the top saying 'house keeping' go into it

2) Then go to 'Loader Configurations' which would be on the left and then you see the boxes where to fit your txts, dcrs, and vars find them by googling prehosted dcrs and that xD

THE LAST reason is maybe because on Housekeeping (which is located in reason 2) on Loader Configuration at the last box will say Is server on localhost Holograph emulator or something put that on YES, otherwise nothing will work,

:thumbup:please post if it works/doesn't work:thumbup:

-lool

Thankyou, but I have done all of them steps correctly :p Its just when I load the loader :thumbup:... Nothing shows :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back