• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tut] Setting Up - Microsoft Loopback Adapter

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What does microsoft loopback do? i dun get it when u say connect to urself soo yeah can u tell me what does do, like allow you to portfoward? i dun get this D: sorry

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Microsoft loopback adapter identified pls help... no point disabling it as if i wan to disable it i dun have to install it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok so like after im done with this do i like press my ms client or what do i do next? to connect after i start up server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hope that this thread is not dead yet. So if i use no-ip to get a static wan ip, then how shall i type the no-ip thing eg, 123.no-ip.com into the loopback adapter?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, just a question.

Where do I find my WAN IP address ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i made the loopback,my no-ip will auto refresh my external ip to local ip help pls

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How does this work for dedicated servers?
I tried to insert the IP Address and the Gateway of the dedicated Server but it still seems to connect to the official servers.

~Lunatic

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So if my wan ip changed i have to change the tcp/ip to my new wan ip addresa everytime??? Any solution for this??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Setting Up - Microsoft Loopback Adapter

I did this and i successfully connected to my own server, thanks for the guide^^ can anyone help me connect my other computer to my server? is it possible? i tried to do the same thing but it didn't let me in the server. It said "we are unable to connect..."

Back