• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tutorial] Changing or Finding a PK password.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Requirements for this guide ordered in most required:
  1. A brain.
  2. UnPECompact
  3. A Hex Editor.
  4. XOR Encryption Tool.
Now, the first thing you will have to do is decompress the engine using UnPECompact. Please note that this tool will only work against a PEC2 compressed executable. [IE: The one international uses.] You must also use the correct decompression tool to change the password. If you're just looking for it, simply use any generic one.

Once you have a decompressed engine, open it with a hex editor. Search for the following hex value:

Code:
2E706B
Once found, count back 16 bytes. From that position, the password is 13 bytes forward (Usually 13). If you're just looking for the password, simply decrypt the string using key 250 and you have the password.. If your changing it, using all caps, encrypt a 13 character string using key 250. Replace the string inside hex with the newly encrypted string.
Compress the changed engine with your favorite tool, and thats all there is to it.

Do not post any questions in this thread. If you can't understand this, you are simply to retarded.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Changing or Finding a PK password.

Dont know if is a good idea to teach every retarded how to do it, but well, what's done is done. Theres more packers to "fight" retards.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Even a cats knew how to change it already. Too many people spread it, one of the reasons why I have a trust issue with people. It doesn't matter anymore, because almost everyone already knows anyway. Also, it's rare to find a packer that can't be decompressed by a generic decompresser.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

That's your op i won't argue.

Still i belive that many people won't be able to do it even with this guide.

http://kalserverace.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score

your both right in your own ways...
a note on pacd last post. yes there are dumb ppl (like me, i know how to do all of this besides the part about hexing... lol). and there are smart ppl.

King:
"Also, it's rare to find a packer that can't be decompressed by a generic decompresser." - KalMAX i know is one i think... lol. soon to be Server Ace. ^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ace don't take me wrong please, i didn't called you dumb or ignorant or any other name, we can't know everything about everything, im pretty sure your capable of alot things that i am not, so i could never insult you with my setence.
Anyway we are spamming King's Guide, if you need any information dont hesitate in send me a Pvt MSG with question or your msn, im always glad to help who deserve.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

your both right in your own ways...
a note on pacd last post. yes there are dumb ppl (like me, i know how to do all of this besides the part about hexing... lol). and there are smart ppl.

King:
"Also, it's rare to find a packer that can't be decompressed by a generic decompresser." - KalMAX i know is one i think... lol. soon to be Server Ace. ^^

I would test KalMax myself, but I just don't want to register to their site just to download their engine.

http://kalserverace.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i did not call you dumb. i sead "yes there are dumb ppl (like me, i know how to do all of this besides the part about hexing... lol)"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes i know you didn't, you also didn't readed correctly my post.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

i did not call you dumb. i sead "yes there are dumb ppl (like me, i know how to do all of this besides the part about hexing... lol)"

cor yes you are o_O :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Izueeeeh I want babies from you. =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

every OS packer even its self coded can be unpacked .. its just easy , just for your info :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I got a little problem ...

I did all steps and i thought , i have no problems.. but i missed.

My Steps:

i decompressed engine.exe -> pecompact -> unpacked.exe
HexEditor : unpacked.exe -> search and found the hex values
Used XOR Encrypten to change the text values.Saving.
Now i used "nPack - Win32 executable file compressor" to compress engine.exe.No Errors.
I repacked the config.pk and e.pk, in ZIP Format and used the new Password.
I copied these files in my client path.

I started the Launcher , and pressed "Start Game" .. otherwise than normal, i received " Engine.exe error" ... ;(

What the hell could it be ?
Mistakes while repack the .pk Files ?

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score

didnt he say no questions ? its all as clear as it can be

-Locked it to prevent further questions

Back