• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tutorial]Cutting and blending Image[Intermediate] - links are not working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
I know you all missed my tutorials so i decided to make this one :icon6:
special thanks to valix because of the comment about my cutting :thumbup:

A quick description of what you will learn in here:
  • You will learn how to use the Quick Mask Mode
  • You will learn how to use the Pen Tool
  • You will learn how to cut images real nice
  • You will learn how to blend the image

Let's get started:
First of all you will need an Image i will use the Image that Hydra Posted somewhere in here :thumbup:

1. Open your image in photoshop and lets start.

2. Now you will have to select the Quick Mask Mode, , then double click in it and a popup will apear make it like this.
OutKaster - [Tutorial]Cutting and blending Image[Intermediate] - links are not working anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

3.Now select the Pen Tool, Zoom in the face of felicia(or where you want to cut lol) and make "dots" all around her face
Note:You see that i did a mistake when i used the pen tool but you will understand later.

4. Now you will have to right click and select "Fill Path..." You will see that felicia face was painted red right? its ok :p

5.Now we will have to delete the mistake that i did, simply use the pencil or brush, use the White Colour(press X) and pass the pencil/brush trough the mistake, you will see that the red will be erased correct?

6. Now you will have to change to " " (press Q ), by doing this you will notice that you have selected the red area, and the red area vanished...

7. If you want to delete that "Pen Tool" line do this, select the line with the pen tool, then press Delete.

8. Now Cut, or copy(its the same :p ) the selected area and now jump to your signature, i will use a random background that i made, then paste the head into the signature, there you go a floating head...

9.Now in the "head" Layer set the blending mode to Luminosity, then duplicate the layer, set the blending to Normal but with 66% of Opacity, then duplicate the layer again and set the blending to Overlay(or Screen) with 100% of Opacity, and there you go... of course the head got a wierd effect but thats becouse of the background and becouse of the image ;)

OutKaster - [Tutorial]Cutting and blending Image[Intermediate] - links are not working anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

Lol don't know why but all my finish results end up like poop :p
anyway here you go, you can now use this to cut an image from his backgorund, like i did in my new signature that i'm making i'll show you guys later ;)

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Grrr dam you i spend like two hours working with Quick Mask Mode then you put up a very clean and easy guide (like allways :)) well i will try it out in the morning because i am nackered now LoL

Nice tut btw :D

Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
JHawk said:
Grrr dam you i spend like two hours working with Quick Mask Mode then you put up a very clean and easy guide (like allways :)) well i will try it out in the morning because i am nackered now LoL
Nice tut btw :D
:icon6: haha lol well at least you know how to use it better :icon6:

Hi Mom *waves*
Reaction score
I didn't tried with only the pen tool or the lasso, but i think this is the best way since in the Quick Mask Mode you can correct your mistakes by painting or deleting the red area ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back