Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tutorial: How to use no-ip duc!! With pictures!!!

Reaction score
The ips in vbox wont matter as you should be using the bridged adapter. The vbox ips only affect host-only.

Did you change all the ips in the following files except 0.0.0.0?
/PWServer/gacd/gamesys.conf
/PWServer/gamed/gmserver.conf
/PWServer/gamed/gs.conf
/PWServer/gamed/gsrollback.conf
/PWServer/gamedbd/cashstat.conf
/PWServer/gamedbd/gamesys.conf
/PWServer/gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf
/PWServer/gfactiond/gamesys.conf
/PWServer/glinkd/gamesys.conf
/PWServer/logservice/logservice.conf
/PWServer/uniquenamed/gamesys.conf
/etc/authd.conf
/etc/gmopgen.xml
/etc/GMserver.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/iweb.conf

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The ips in vbox wont matter as you should be using the bridged adapter. The vbox ips only affect host-only.

/PWServer/gamed/gs.conf
/etc/authd.conf
/etc/gmopgen.xml
/etc/GMserver.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/iweb.conf

yes i change all the ips for the ip in the adress i can enter in the server but i cant make it public the ports looks closed i use port forward but in the page ping.eu/port-chk looks closed i think is some in the router but is strange, if i dont put the port open in the router not appear the server if a open is put ON the server -.- i dont kown what is wrong..
-----------------------------------------

Well looks the router cant open the ports report stealth mode an cant change in a few days i have a newone i hope this works fine, double firewall and cant be posible open the ports whit any program so sad T_T

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
heya,
im using ubuntu trying to host a gameserver.
i followed the tutorial. But i cant open the hoempage from my windows machine or from any other extern internet connection.

No Ip Client is running,
i tested and opened all Ports directing to my Ubuntu IP
also tested to open all ports directing to my Windows IP#

PS: Im using Fritzbox FON WLAN 7113 (Modus: Work as Router)

also connected a switch to my Router to share Ethernet with more Computers.

But entering my Homepage doesnt work ;(

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
your no-ip domain, can't be used at local machines, cause it's an public Ip.
You have to test it from outer.

Hendrik

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
your no-ip domain, can't be used at local machines, cause it's an public Ip.
You have to test it from outer.

Hendrik

Actually you can, but a lot of routers prevent local loopback like that, if the request comes from internally to be forwarded back in most of the time the router just drops it, look in your settings for something like
"Filter Internet NAT Redirection"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you have time could you upload the image with the already installed no-ip
That would solve the problem of many people

is making carefully.
Reaction score
I like the FreeDNS domain names more, though if someones running a server open to the public they might want to invest the WHOLE $7 a year for their own domain.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

/PWServer/gamed/gs.conf
/etc/authd.conf
/etc/gmopgen.xml
/etc/GMserver.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/iweb.conf

Where are these located...I'm not good on linux. I did everything I needed to do as

far as setting my wireless adapter and bridged and that should be it. I read

instructions that came with vbox and it says to just set bridged and then select

adapter. I did this and still nothing. I do connect through router and as far as I

can see the problem is at the computer net adapter it just wont connect to update any

of the files or ways that is mentioned here..I have read all the post here in this

section. I just don't know what else to do I have tried everything. I also dont know

what everyone here is doing to access the /pwserver/ dir but i can't seem to find it

or manuver in vbox root dir and see anything remotely what ev1 is saying here. Please

help, and I kw everyone has helped a lot...I have read that wireless doesn't matter

that you can still connect. Anyway iF I can't get vbox on the internet, I'm pretty

much screwed :(. Thanks if any1 can answer these few questions in a way that may make

sense maybe hearing it in a different way from different people. Oh and btw, the

server works great when I connect virtual network only. I have no problems what so

ever doing that except when I wanted to make public to play with a few good friends I

ran into these challenges.

Last edited:
Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Where are these located...I'm not good on linux. I did everything I needed to do as

far as setting my wireless adapter and bridged and that should be it. I read

instructions that came with vbox and it says to just set bridged and then select

adapter. I did this and still nothing. I do connect through router and as far as I

can see the problem is at the computer net adapter it just wont connect to update any

of the files or ways that is mentioned here..I have read all the post here in this

section. I just don't know what else to do I have tried everything. I also dont know

what everyone here is doing to access the /pwserver/ dir but i can't seem to find it

or manuver in vbox root dir and see anything remotely what ev1 is saying here. Please

help, and I kw everyone has helped a lot...I have read that wireless doesn't matter

that you can still connect. Anyway iF I can't get vbox on the internet, I'm pretty

much screwed :(. Thanks if any1 can answer these few questions in a way that may make

sense maybe hearing it in a different way from different people. Oh and btw, the

server works great when I connect virtual network only. I have no problems what so

ever doing that except when I wanted to make public to play with a few good friends I

ran into these challenges.

Most annoying text formatting ever, and I've seen some pretty bad text formatting...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most annoying text formatting ever, and I've seen some pretty bad text formatting...

be glad i left line spacing at least, so sry if hard on your eyes, that is life not always perfect and format is not what was my main concern. Besides I had been up staring at a monitor a day and a half so looked normal to me :)

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Yes it does, and thank you so much. I appreciate it.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am using you virtualbox server.

here is my current interfaces
Hemer - Tutorial: How to use no-ip duc!!   With pictures!!! - RaGEZONE Forums

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.10 this is right
netmask 255.255.255.0 this is right
network 192.168.0.0 I assume this is right cos it the network Im on.
broadcast 192.168.0.255 Im guessing this is right
gateway 192.168.0.50? <~ here do i put my router ip since it is my gateway for my host pc?
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.50? <~ not quite sure what to put here. Im guessing nothing since I dont have a domain name. or do I put my gateway here which is my router ip?
dns-search YOUR DOMAIN NAME, IF YOU USE DOMAIN

Im not to good when it comes to networking.
thx for the help.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Thx hrace it worked :thumbup1:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I get replys when i ping external site like google but I still cannot find the no-ip package or update apt-get :blink:

I don't understand what program you are using to see the etc/network/interfaces plus when I do it in command line it says access denied.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what program you are using to see the etc/network/interfaces plus when I do it in command line it says access denied.

Then you don't have permission to view it... you need to have root permissions to be able to read or write it (for obvious security reasons)

And he is using WinSCP I believe...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then you don't have permission to view it... you need to have root permissions to be able to read or write it (for obvious security reasons)

And he is using WinSCP I believe...

Thank you das7002. I just had to learn a little more about linux to use nano command to pull up files and edit them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im using vmware for a vmware server .... and I can use "apt-get install no-ip" neither ".....noip2" it shows error ( failure to connect .. ..) can someone help ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step3: Install No-ip duc

Fist, start your server and login as root.

Than tipe in: " apt-get install no-ip "

The installer starts and guides you throught.
At first you have to insert your No-IP.com user name.
(NOT the Hostname)

The Password

The updating intervall. All 30 minutes is all right.

List of hosts or groups. if you just use one host you can leave this field emty.

Network device name, can be left like it is.

and that as well.

That was the installation!!!

reboot your server and your done with that.

The only thing you need now, is to open the port 80 for your serverip (hrace009 release=192.168.0.10)

If you have followed all that you have now a public server !!!

Attention: You can't test if your server is availible at that Host name, because it is your public ip.

Step3: Install No-ip duc

that doesn't work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Run the command:

apt-get update

If that doesn't work, try enabling universe repositories, then run the above command again then try installing.

Back