Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tutorial in making your own server(Updated)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As what ive observed right now. the tutorials on setting up your own private server is purely outdated. maybe in the midst 2008-2010 if i were be able to follow those tutorials over there im succesfully created right now. but its 2012 . Too many bad things happened before
Megaupload shut down and other stuffs are obsolete. -.-

Please can someone make a tutorial an updated one with working download files etc.

Im not saying im demanding but i just want to say for thos PRO`s/Knowledable out there that. Developing and Helping newbies is a good way of sharing your ideas and helping also.

Because sadly the tutorials are outdated,

I regret why shouldnt i try to make this things happen back on the days that the development was still active :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
September 2011 was the last guide written. Every year we are told the guides are hidiously outdated no matter how recently a new guide has been posted.

It isn't the guides which are outdated, it is the game and the server leak we have for it, IMHO. :wink:

Guides should not include links to files, but often do. The links usually die within a month or so of the guide being posted, because nobody uses the links. :eek:tt1: (MegaUpload didn't remove links that where not used for long periods of time... most others did... without MU for competition, very few do that with unpaid accounts now)

Rather, we need solid base server files which will remain permanent regardless of whether people download regularly or not. This is why I placed our oldest original server leak on RaGEZONEs own hosting. Additionally, my files have remained up, because I hosted them on my registered cloud stores. Even so, one cloud host has been bought out. :(:

I suspect that PT development has never been so active as it presently is, except back in 2007 when the first leak appeared. Only two years later people where getting money grabbing and fed up of noobs wanting to know "what is assembler" and "can I develop the PT server in VB5 or Java" and... :(: This fractured developers and drove them to live on their own server and share nothing. Now developers are sharing things again, and servers are taking developments from us more than we are taking them from them. ^_^

(Just my opinion, your view may vary)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found this old guide hidden away in my files.
I still use it to setup my server to this very day.
It is not terribly detailed, just shows you how to setup the basics, sql, odbc.
It does not show you how to configure the server hotuk.ini settings so you can connect, I am sure there are tutorials around here on that. And the server files included are old as the hills, I suggest getting newer, more complete ones, ie these ones: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/mpt-server-client-admin-files-875876/

The scripts included are still working fine, however Sandurrs clan files have a bit more updated sql script files here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/sharing-working-sandurrs-clan-system-238868/

Download Guide:

Preview:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hope someone can give new guide now :(
Almost exactly 1 year! What has changed about setting up a PT server in the last year? I can tell you that the only thing that I have changed since I first set up a PT server is the OS it's installed on.

A new guide every year really isn't necessary.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i succeded setting up a server with the old guides, theyre abit out dated yes, but they work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bob this is the one i was telling you about that i cant download. can i setup this server with my WIN7 OS 32 bit ? Ok so for now my only goal is to make my server in my PC i wont argue as of now about connecting lans etc. Thnx for the wonderful reply guyz.

bobsobol - Tutorial in making your own server(Updated) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[HELP]Where should i start to load the game in this file i cant find it here o_O to go on to the server i mean. .EXE file
Plss :)

untitled.JPG - Tutorial in making your own server(Updated) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The screenshot shows it working, but not yet started the game. IDK if you setup the SQL database yet but you can start it from the menu or set it to autostart. MPT files probably have a hotuk.ini configured to do that already.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BTW i already setup the sql and ODBC

oh. MPT the game which i played before. But something bothering me. if i setup the server again. how will i connect it to load the game ? and should i DL all the Part 1-5 on it ? o_O

Should i confgure the hotuk ? does the server works right now?. and I found Admin and Server folder when i extract Server/Admin. what is the use of those two ?
o_O too many questions. hope youre not irritated guyz.
Heres what im stock up right now.

untitled1.JPG - Tutorial in making your own server(Updated) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone said to set the server up again. That can get you in deep trouble. Just modify the working server with those files.

The server shouldn't load the game. It will load the game world when it starts, and start the game world and listen for players when told to, either via the menu or from the config file. (usually hotuk.ini)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so in here i completely set up the server but i lack a client file ? http://forum.ragezone.com/attachmen...9-tutorial-making-server-updated-untitled.jpg

but now i DL this and come up with this. http://forum.ragezone.com/attachmen...-tutorial-making-server-updated-untitled1.jpg

now im stock up on what to do next ive seen the hotuk IP address is not change with Localhost/or my ip so do i need to configure it? and also.

What really my question is a working guide with a set-up server + client file? maybe theres a misunderstanding here o_O sorry for my bad english not my primary language

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What really my question is a working guide with a set-up server + client file? maybe theres a misunderstanding here o_O sorry for my bad english not my primary language

It's not entirely your fault that you can't setup server. Most of those guides repeating same mistakes over and over again eg. ODBC + SQL.dll, those two can't work together.
IP in hotuk.ini is not only IP that is used by PT, you need them in SQL/CLAN .dlls try this dll generator
or one released on RZ by bobsobol, there is also IP in registry... client also need server IP in ptReg.rgx you can find more about connectivity in FAQ.

I think we need new guide that will cover most of problems like, 64bit reg vs 32bit reg configuration. Not necessarily new guide every year but ultimate one that will not copy old "beliefs" and "rituals" related to server configuration and will work with every server.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
eg. ODBC + SQL.dll, those two can't work together.
They don't "conflict", as such. But if you have the DLLs working, then ODBC is disabled, if you don't have the DLLs (or they are badly broken) then ODBC is used as "fallback".
new guide that will cover most of problems like, 64bit reg vs 32bit reg configuration.
Do the new guides for Windows 7 x64 not cover that? IDK, I must admit, I couldn't make much sense of it, and still haven't successfully installed in x64. Though I got Vista x86 to work in the end. :/:

My guides on my PPT (Personal Priston Tale) server cover the client install creation... but since we should not share client files, most guides make the logical assumption that you want a server so you can continue to play the game when your usual server is "off-line" for maintenance or such. They do usually tell you how to configure your regular client for your server, and the guides on "connection issues" cover that in considerable depth as well.

Q: How to install the client?
A: Go to the official servers webpage, download the setup, run it to completion. :/:

Am I wrong? XD

P.S. Preferably the Korean servers webpage, as their clients are most compatible with our server. Beyond that, because the Yedang website is a bit crappy on the downloads page (probably deliberately so) I recommend getting the placing the Korean (either Test or Release) one into an empty folder and running it. It will "sync" that empty folder with the current working client for the Korean server.

Since it is starting from empty, that will take quite a long time to complete. But you can stop it, and shut down, go to school / work / the Job Centre :wink: (whatever) come home, boot up and start it again. It will start downloading again from where it left off. ^_^

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see. so those tutorials are just tutorials about setting up server those server set-up cant really connect to the game yet? ? so there is a lacking tutorial about connecting it with the client ? Maybe i misunderstood the concept on it or im wrong again with what am i thinking.

I mean after the server set up what to do next to enter to the game roam around in ricarten etc. and other stuffs.?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@rdcodester

As I said, check F.A.Q. Everything is (or should be =P) explained there. There is not reason to use client other than kPT or test kPT unless you are "pro". ATM only kPT is compatible with "jPT server".

However if all you would like to do is "hop around" Ricarten than I would recommend you to start with bobsobol PPT.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nah maybe u misunderstood .

what i mean is that after the setup server what to do next? i dl client file in here http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/kpt-server-2477-a-810715/

and i dont know what do next. i mean how can i enter the game because when i click the .exe it gives me error. Windows Error report

should i separate the server os with the client os ? im a bit confused about it. sorry for being very newbie but thats where we start so pls bare with me -.-

Ive also read FAQ and search button no one fits to it.

The first try will be always the hardest <<~ motto xD .

Back