Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tutorial in making your own server(Updated)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And you have misunderstood me. All those tutorials assume you are already playing the game and have the client installed before you even *start* installing the server. Additional guides exist to divert your client to work on *your* server, rather than the official one(s).
what i mean is that after the setup server what to do next? i dl client file in here http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/kpt-server-2477-a-810715/
Got ahead of yourself there. You have to download and setup the client before you download a patch for it like that one. :wink:
i mean how can i enter the game because when i click the .exe it gives me error. Windows Error report
Because you are trying to run a client patch file for a client you haven't downloaded and installed yet. You put that download into the installation folder of [highlight]your existing game client[/highlight]. We don't need to write a guide for that, because there is one on the download page of every official server where you downloaded the full client you installed to play Priston Tale in the first place, before you considered setting up your own server. :lol:
should i separate the server os with the client os ? im a bit confused about it. sorry for being very newbie but thats where we start so pls bare with me -.-
Entirely up to you. There are pros and cons to each method. The server takes a lot of memory and requires "server" type stuff installed on the PC which it's running on. That is stuff you don't ever want to do to a PC you play "games" on. OTOH, if you only have one set of hardware, and intend to be the only person who ever logs in to the server, then running it in the same OS is the "fastest" option. (providing you have more than 4Gig of memory in your PC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see. supposedly you already have the client file

as what ive understood . those tutorials are tutorials for making server to connect with each other client right? (maybe im wrong again)

so those tutorials assumed that you already have the client file. and you are just making with a server so that u can connect on it and the others too ?

which is the ideal client file and a server file that connets them too. im struglling searching about it because the links are dead and its not clearly stated.

if anyone could give a match pair. would really thanks alot.

Not with the MPT files because its not intended for newbies like me. ( lol )
just a simple one. hope someone give me. thnx

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
so those tutorials assumed that you already have the client file. and you are just making with a server so that u can connect on it and the others too ?
Files; the plural is important! You should have over a gigabyte of data in the client folder. :wink: (I did say the download wouldn't be quick... didn't I?)

Well, TBH, it's so difficult to map to a different server that you probably don't want to do change it back and forth that often. Most people will either copy their official client to a new folder (all of it) or create a custom launcher which switches the configuration files over for them.

(Third method is the one I like, but it's not popular because you need to be an OS super-geek to even know it is possible. Use hardlinks to the original install for all files except the configuration files and client executable. This takes up no extra drive space, and separates the installs as if they where completely different install folders. Many programs can report more than 100% drive capacity in use if use this method a lot though. But it's one Microsoft are catching on to too, because the x64 versions of Windows 7 hardlink all the x64 system programs which don't have x86 compatibility issues into the x86 virtual folders on an x64 install, and Vista and 7 hardlink demonstration pictures, sounds and video into each account rather than duplicating or letting users access shared areas via "shortcuts" to them.)
which is the ideal client file and a server file that connets them too. im struglling searching about it because the links are dead and its not clearly stated.
That could be quite insulting TBH. We have a pinned topic titled "Dont ask what server and client to use (!!Look Here First: Updated May 25 2012!!)" I can't see how it could be any more clearly stated TBH. :(:

I don't take complete offence because I can see that the link to the Yedang download page has died in the 4 months since SheenBR updated that post. (it really is hard work to keep links active these days) Anyway, the easiest way to get those files today is probably to grab either one of the links on by Vormav. (it's a thread on a completely different topic, I just happen to know he posted two very recent snapshots of the complete client because [of course] I read everything which gets posted here ^_^)

That client, once patched with any "developer client exe" posted here, and configured to point to your local server, should work 97% of the server releases we have.

GL. :D:

Back