Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Xfire on Private Servers.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, First off i want to thank Vital for the rough outlines on how to do this. So here we go:

• Step 1: You want to go to wherever your xfire is installed, Generally C:\Program Files\Xfire, You want to search for the file xfire_games.ini, Open it.
Screenshot:
Stup - [Tutorial] Xfire on Private Servers. - RaGEZONE Forums

• Step2: After opening this file you now need to search (Quick Function: ctrl + F) for Kal Online in there, You will find this code there:
Code:
[4439_1]
LongName=Kal Online
ShortName=kalo
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5D23E60C-BBAF-44D1-9809-979F4234C018}\InstallLocation
LauncherExe=KalOnline.exe
DetectExe=engine.exe
InstallHint=kalonline.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

[4439_2]
LongName=Kal Online
ShortName=kalo
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{2D7F824B-6744-4C30-B78B-0966E9BD461D}\InstallLocation
LauncherExe=KalOnline.exe
DetectExe=engine.exe
InstallHint=kalonline.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE
  • Step 3: Once you have found the above, you will have to change afew things about to suit your own computers directories. Now for the example im going to show you, I'm using Eather server. The Line you have to change in your xfire_games.ini is:

4439_1:
Code:
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5D23E60C-BBAF-44D1-9809-979F4234C018}\InstallLocation

4439_2:

Code:
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{2D7F824B-6744-4C30-B78B-0966E9BD461D}\InstallLocation

To:

4439_1:
Code:
LauncherDirKey=D:\Games\Kal Online Private Servers\Eather

4439_2

Code:
LauncherDirKey=D:\Games\Kal Online Private Servers\Eather

Screenshot:

• Step 3 Cont' : Now, if you don't know how to find your Server Location. This is how:
Screenshot:

• Step 3 Cont' : Copy and Paste that link ( In the Red Square ) to the LauncherDirKey ( From the Codes above ), Now close and save it. :)

• Step 4: Now, load up your xfire,Go: Tools -> Options -> Games tab, It will detect all the games installed on your computer. If Kal Online International is installed on your computer, it will be picked up in the "Installed" list. If you only have private servers, you will have to opent he "Not Installed" and scroll all the way down to "Kal Online". Now Click on it and then click on the "Manual Setup" tab, Hit Browse goto the location of the Kal server you have chosen to track, and add it. Now you just want to hit "OK". Boot the game up, and it WILL be tracking. If it isn't, read the guide again.

Have Fun.
Stup.

aka Reb3lzrr
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Xfire on Private Servers.

Really nice guide, perhaps you could change the LongName aswell... so that xfire will support more than one server

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The "LongName=" is just what will appear on you xfire name.
So if your playing
eather server, and you have alot of pals on your xfire list, that wanna know where your playing you would change:

LongName=Kal Online
to
LongName=Kal Online - Eather's
or whatever.
pretty much if you change your kal server directory, you have to change in xfire_games.ini
it will only track the traceable game opened first on your computer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i do not have the ini file in my folder i know it sounds weird but idont,i am running vista so i dont know if that matters or not

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i know people who are using vista and they all have the file.
try re downloading xfire, latest, then uninstalling current and then installing the new download, might work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i do not have the ini file in my folder i know it sounds weird but idont,i am running vista so i dont know if that matters or not

Joked around with Stup on this one,
if you're using Vista go under your ProgramData folder then Xfire.
You may have to view hidden files and folders to see ProgramData.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Joked around with Stup on this one,
if you're using Vista go under your ProgramData folder then Xfire.
You may have to view hidden files and folders to see ProgramData.

yeah, its what you damn females generally do >.>

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

nice to see my client being used for something lol

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Nice Guide Stup, but when i connect to the server, the game is closing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

'm you really need a guide for this? XD, anyway Vista directory C:\ProgramData\Xfire\

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

• Where it is?

C:\ProgramData\Xfire
If you can't see Program Date. On your Explorer, go to Organize, Folder and Search Options. Then the view tab and SHOW Hidden Files.

(Follow the top guide for the rest of the instructions)

Have Fun,
Stup.

(Must I stress, This ONLY works on server using ORIGINAL engine. Not like vladi repack and other shenanigans, but like SwO/'old' eather)

Last edited:
Back