• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Upcoming purchases

Reaction score
As i posted a couple of months ago, i was careless enough to play around with my PC while the PSU was still on and burnt out half (3) of my SATA ports. As such, i will be next week replacing my Asus P5W-DH Deluxe with a Gigabyte .

I will also be replacing my Cooler Master iGreen 600W PSU with a 620W mainly because i am using an Antec 900 case and the unused power cables are making it messy as well as blocking my much needed airflow.

Now those are pretty much the only upgrades that i NEED, but with a working mobo and PSU just sitting there on the side, and with a stacker 830 case not in use, i have the makings of a pretty neat server (i currently have 4 320gb hard drives, 3 of which are shared as network drives).

With that in mind, a few other other upgrades is all i need to be able to have both up and running -

RAM: 2gb of Corsair TwinX 6400 (5-5-5-15) will be replaced with 4gb of corsair TwinX 6400 (4-4-4-12).

CPU: My Intel E6600 will be replaced with either an E8400 or a Q6600.

Hard drives: Another 2/3 500GB baracuda's should do it, it MAY get a 300GB Raptor for my main machine, but as of yet it just seems like a waste of money (RAID is awesome but i refuse to do it on my PC's, it has no fault tolerance and i cannot afford to loose any data)

Will post pics when i have it all, case looks sweet atm with 5 blue LED fans, but MAY swap em all out with UV lights and get UV sleeves for all my cables. Will see ;)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I to Have an Antec 900, its empty At the moment. Well, because crappy job. Next week saturday, i will be ordering my Power supply.

Then, Will order my mobo and so on and so forth. might get a 640gb HDD.

Rishwin, I look forward to see your pics. ;]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How ironic rishwin, from an e6600 to either an e8400 or q6600.
I got the Q6600 and I must say it kicks butt.
+1 for Q6600!

Rest is looking good!

Reaction score
Heres my case atm:
Rishwin - Upcoming purchases - RaGEZONE Forums

My table:

From the top (yes my speakers are behind my monitor :p):

And that thing ontop of my tower is an external drive, its on 24/7 and never overheats cos it has a mesh for airflow at the bottom and those who have an Antec 900 know that the top of the tower has that huge butt fan there. That = epic cooling.

will post pics of inside my case with a better camera once i've opened it up to put the new poop in :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol. Epic cooling. I like the way you put that. Nice keyboard btw. Im going to an extreme when i get my new comp! I'm actually spending more than $40 on a case! Thats right, im getting a ThermalTake Wing RS100. Its got an inbuilt PSU, but i dunno.... anyone used one? I really have no idea if they are any good :S

EDIT: Ohh naughty naughty. Rishwin's a bit of a druggie by the look of that last photo. Haha. Kidding. Lemme guess.... panadol?

Reaction score
Lol. Epic cooling. I like the way you put that. Nice keyboard btw. Im going to an extreme when i get my new comp! I'm actually spending more than $40 on a case! Thats right, im getting a ThermalTake Wing RS100. Its got an inbuilt PSU, but i dunno.... anyone used one? I really have no idea if they are any good :S

EDIT: Ohh naughty naughty. Rishwin's a bit of a druggie by the look of that last photo. Haha. Kidding. Lemme guess.... panadol?

Lol i always splurge on my cases - my empty one (stacker 830) cost me $350 and my current Antec 900 cost me $210

PSU's aren't inbuilt, they just mean that it comes with a PSU already installed (usually 430w), they seem to work fine for most graphics cards.

Advil - its a liquid capsule pain killer :p

And i got my PSU today, spent $205 on a modulated one so it makes my life easy (620W cooler master real power)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But still, i can understand why people spend heaps of money on PSUs. Like, more watts and better quality and stuff..... but cases i don't get. I honestly couldn't give a poop what my comp looks like, as long as it kicks butt.

Lol. Advil = Epic phail (that's right. It fails so hard, it needs a PH). Panadol and paracetamol ftw.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But still, i can understand why people spend heaps of money on PSUs. Like, more watts and better quality and stuff..... but cases i don't get. I honestly couldn't give a poop what my comp looks like, as long as it kicks butt.

Lol. Advil = Epic phail (that's right. It fails so hard, it needs a PH). Panadol and paracetamol ftw.

Back