• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Update server Help

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Any idea why i get this everytime ......

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So your telling me with all the ones on this forum no one has had this same issue before ???

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your client does not update through the launcher, the ideal is to recreate it offline. I did it this way for my version 6.4.2.2754 in en/eneu and will do it for 7.x as soon as I can.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
If your client does not update through the launcher, the ideal is to recreate it offline. I did it this way for my version 6.4.2.2754 in en/eneu and will do it for 7.x as soon as I can.
where is located version in Server source ? If i wanna for example update to 6.5 ? or how its that work in Runes of magic ?
There is some ROM Dev Discord . If that PM me with Invite. Thx

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
where is located version in Server source ? If i wanna for example update to 6.5 ? or how its that work in Runes of magic ?
There is some ROM Dev Discord . If that PM me with Invite. Thx
There are 3 archives to set version update: 1.update.inf/version 2.client.exe.ini 3.version.txt of your webserver.

But all this is a poop on a stick if no one can solve trojan on launcher.exe https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/vs2019-6-5-2-launcher-virus.1212573/
Computer blocks the update file created by selfextract tool too. A very big poop on a stick :ROFLMAO:

Greetings

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
There are 3 archives to set version update: 1.update.inf/version 2.client.exe.ini 3.version.txt of your webserver.

But all this is a poop on a stick if no one can solve trojan on launcher.exe https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/vs2019-6-5-2-launcher-virus.1212573/
Computer blocks the update file created by selfextract tool too. A very big poop on a stick :ROFLMAO:

Greetings

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you get me wrong :D
I mean where is version of server and client to communicate each others and read that is the right one . Or i can login at client 7.0 with server files 6.5 :p

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
runes of magic is handling its version checks via the update.inf and raw file version. you can check the source code of the client and game and will find, that besides update.inf, the only utilized way to check for versions, is by checking directly the file versions and matching them up.
So yes, you could run a 7.0.0 client and try to connect to a 6.0.2 or 6.5.0 server, however, since the game is progressing (by that, I mean the codebase) and runewaker used to change a lot of vars and stuff so that older versions can't really run with a newer version (changing up the variables, so the same functions/new functions can not run/work properly on the client => basically makes it useless to run an over patched/out patched client.......

If anyone knows more about the game/code than me, pls feel free to comment :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back