• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Updating a Server from One Version to Another [Updated]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
THIS IS CONFUSING :( MY BRAIN!
I no good at math and i forget everyting i learn ;_(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant get the login packet. When my maple loads up it only analyzes packets when I enter ingame. So no packets when loading up... Login.. I got a windows 8 operating system. is that why??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant get the login packet. When my maple loads up it only analyzes packets when I enter ingame. So no packets when loading up... Login.. I got a windows 8 operating system. is that why??
After you open up MapleShark, Make sure your first port is 7575, and the next one 8888. You'll get 2 opcodes upon connecting when the Maple client opens, along with a flood of opcodes once you are in game. I'm on windows 7 so the fact that you are on Windows 8 could be why, but that's all the advice I can give you for now.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
bump for this awesome guide all u noobs should read this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice guide, you should use Compare-it when comparing huge packet data, should be helpful.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does this guide also work for downgrading e.g. v75 to v72?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well yeah but, why would...who wants v72? Why would you downgrade something?

I want v72 to play around with. It has alot of features and still feels oldschool (I don't like Vicious' Hammer and Knights of Cygnus)

I'm a noob though so I don't know if I'm going to be able to downgrade to v72.

How am I gonna upgrade/downgrade to a version without a server (v72)? I can't Packet Sniff from a server that doesn't exist.

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE WONDERING WHAT GIBBERISH SUPER LOW IS TALKING ABOUT. YOU CAN REFER TO A WEBSITE BELOW HERE THAT CAN TEACH YOU ALL ABOUT BINARY, DEC AND HEX. I DON'T THINK OCT IS NEEDED FOR NOW......

JUST CLICK

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does this still apply for later versions, like if I wanna update from 203 to 207 can I use this guide?

Back