Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

User Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suggest we add a system similar to Facebooks where you can tag users in posts. For example, If I was writing the message "Mithex and I have been working on this new project."; to tag the user Mithex I would write "@Mithex". A drop down list of usernames similar to that one would appear. You would select the correct username and the user would then be tagged in your post. Once you tag a user, the user you tagged would get a notification saying something along the lines of "SoandSo tagged you in a post". Thanks for reading :)

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know this modification exists on vb.org, I saw it a while back.
I think that's a load of extra queries though, tbh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is actually a great idea, it would be very effective.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like this idea, hopefully it gets added.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this modification exists on vb.org, I saw it a while back.
I think that's a load of extra queries though, tbh.

Doesn't really affect the forums all that much in general (used it on my forum)

However, in some cases (depending on the skin you are using) the notifications may not pop up. As i've had to fix this personally.

In any case, this isn't that bad of an idea. It'd sort of be a notification of "Lol i talked bout u hur, u mad?" sort of thing. It might become sort of a.. spammish thing or so to speak if people do it abusively

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sure it would, because this is a large forum, and I could see it being used a lot. It wouldn't neccessarily be a big issue, but that's all this forum is, queries. So ultimately that's what it falls down on, but I hope it wouldn't be a big strain on the server.

Keeping the users looped, not everyone looks back to where they posted to =P
People already do the @facebook, my thoughts, etc @otheruser, etc rather than quoting.

I think it's good.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm almost sure it would, because this is a large forum, and I could see it being used a lot. It wouldn't neccessarily be a big issue, but that's all this forum is, queries. So ultimately that's what it falls down on, but I hope it wouldn't be a big strain on the server.

People already do the @facebook, my thoughts, etc @otheruser, etc rather than quoting.

I think it's good.

A Ginormous hacking forums (Maplestory related, has 1/3 the amount of members that ragezone has though) uses this feature and it's not that big of a problem on the forums (loads pretty quickly, aside from the fact that their skin is heavyweight)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think it's good.
I think Mithex means that if you were to put @Mithex great idea. You would get a notification (Unless your settings said otherwise) Saying "RoonZilla tagged you in a post in User Tagging!"

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was sayin people already post with @ in their post anyways, so why not go further with it.
I'm aware of the functionality, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back