Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

UW 21:9 resolution not saving in client

Reaction score
My monitor is 3440x1440 (21:9), but no matter how many times I set that in config, it will revert back to 2560x1440 the next time I go in. I found that if I deleted the graphics settings files, it would go to the correct resolution when opening, but revert back the next time. My fix was to add this to the top of the launcher bat file for the client:

del system.cfg
del systemoptiongraphics.cfg

The files are recreated on launch, and actually use the correct resolution every time this way.

TBH, this workaround does delete all your graphical setting, so it's probably easier just to change only the resolution on startup. I didn't see a way to delete this thread, otherwise I would have done that.

If anyone finds a way to make Aion save 21:9 resolutions though, I'd appreciate you sharing it here. Every client I have tested aside from 7.7 always goes back to 16:9 in the settings, so I have to go in and change it back each time I open the game.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Add this as a first line in your launch.bat file and never remove it:

powershell -Command "(gc SystemOptionGraphics.cfg) -replace 'FULLSCREEN_WIDTH', ' ' | Out-File -encoding ASCII SystemOptionGraphics.cfg"

After that, set your desired resolution In game and it will not reset anymore. You can also safely change any settings in game and they will not reset on restart.

This is a silly approach, and only works on win10/11, but it works 100% of the time for me on 3.0,4.6 and 5.8 clients

Back