• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

V17 weapon glow in V15

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just messing around with a sandbox server using cuvvvie's V15 server files, and I'm trying to get the V17 weapon glows. I know I could just use a different source, but I'm trying to learn how the files work and interact with each other, so I'd rather try it this way to see if I could learn something.

I've searched the forums and didn't find much. There's mention of a working guide, but I can't find it, along with a thread with about the v17 glows, but I'm unable to access that.

Anyway, what I've done so far:

- Added the code:

if __VER >= 17
//#define __FASHION_COMBINE
#define __NEW_WEAPON_GLOW
//#define __COLOSSEUM
#endif // __VER >= 17

into the versioncommon.h of account/cache/core/database/login/neuz(not in versioncommon2.h)/world server and the certifier.

- Grabbed Blessed Source and added XI_WEA_SWORD01 1955 -> 2344 into the defineOBJ.h in the Source/Resource and Repack/Resource. Replaced the defineOBJ.h in data.res.

- Added fly_wfx_white_sword_level1 -> sfx_itemNon10adv into mdlDyna.inc. Replaced mdlDyna.inc in data.res.

- Added the official v19 flyff SFX contents into the client SFX folder.

I started up the server manager, and the server activated without any errors apart from a minor error with an event in a lua file. But when I load the game, I get:

CmodelMng::LoadScript(1200) mdldyna.inc(gibberish) : type = 3, idx = 1100, name = sfx_waterdrop

and a many more errors similar to this with loadscript, idx and the sfx changing.

I checked the SFX folder and those SFX files are there.

So I must've missed something and some help would be greatly appreciated. Even just pointing me in the right direction would be enough so I can learn for myself.

*With defineOBJ.h, I just threw in all the defines just before #endif at the bottom.
With mdlDyna.inc, I put the mesh? in a spot similar to that of blessed.
The official SFX files were all in .res files, and most of cuvvvie's are extracted. Would I need to extract all of files? I tried extracting most of them and placing them in different paths. The errors still occur.
Could I change the coding from if__VER >= 17 to if__VER >= 15?

Back