• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

WZ v83 Adding New Mob Help?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I saw a lot of threads about this, but no real solution to the issue I'm having. So, here, I'll go ahead and describe my issue.

I wanted to clone Snail, just to see if I was capable of doing so. But I wasn't sure where exactly to start. I figured creating a WzImg property with an unused ID in Mob.wz was a good start, and I looked up Snail's stuff and copy/pasted it to the new ID (0100102.img, in case anyone was wondering). So essentially, now we have two Snails. 100100 and 100102. Ok, so then I moved on to String to give the new Snail a different name. So in String.wz, I opened Mob, created a new Sub property for 100102, and copied the nodes from 100100 into 100102 (there was only one, a string property called name), then changed the name to "Snail 2". Then I gave the XML to my friend who has access to the server files, added what I had, restarted the server. Then I logged on to spawn the new monster, and as soon as I entered the command, I completely client crash with the error " ".

Did I forget something? Is there more to adding mobs than just adding them to wz and xmls?

not a programmer
Reaction score
Open v83 mob.wz with harepacker (gms (old)), delete 0100102.img, click mob.wz (at top of tree), import 0100102.img.xml, check the images and stats, save mob.wz and replace.
replace 0100102.img.xml in server wz with custom one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The thing is though, before I added 0100102.img, there was none. The monster id 100102 did not exist before me attempting to do this. So, not sure what that would do, because the xml 0100102.img.xml is the same one I have sitting around in a folder on my computer. So replacing a file with an exact duplicate would generate the same results, would it not?

not a programmer
Reaction score
Did you do the Sound.wz too?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The same as the regular snail...

Does the order they're in matter any?

Edit: In the info node, each one has this in them:
info
-bodyAttack
-level
-maxHP
-maxMP
-speed
-PADamage
-PDDamage
-MADamage
-MDDamage
-acc
-eva
-exp
-undead
-pushed
-fs
-summonType
-mobType

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How would I add that, and where? I didn't think about skills because... it's just a snail.

Reaction score
I'll try and recreate your issue and see what comes about.

Well I tried recreating the error, I don't get your error, but I get Invalid Pointer.

Now I get Data Invalid. Hmm.

Last edited:
Back