• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Very old PT maps

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vormav - Very old PT maps - RaGEZONE Forums

Those are really old maps (around year 2002) so it might be impossible to find them now. But maybe someone have some really old KPT installers? I am interested most in this old Ricarten, it have nice design :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have those.

The second image is not from any official PT client, as the HUD has never looked like that, and I'd love to know where it came from. ^_^ The HUD did change when 640x480 Minimum and only resolution was dropped. I remember that the Character, Inventory, Skills etc, used to show as little tombstones which popped up to show their icon when you hovered your pointer over them... but much of that was because space was limited at 640x480, and you can see the old HUD being extended with that blank bar on anything over 800x600... which was designed as the new minimum resolution.

I'll upload and link you the "older" PT clients I have... including the Pre-AOR which contains that old Ric. Though I can't remember which one it is.

Remember that map co-ordinates for these old clients conflict, so teleports don't work right pointers and co-ordinates need to be updated... especially if (like most people) you want to mix-and-match.

Links to come:-
  • - Note, this was incomplete when it was passed to me. There is some good old stuff though, like old NPCs that no longer exist, ASE files for some of the monsters, ini files not packed into inx files yet etc etc.
(if anyone has other versions please feel free to share those. ^_^)
I still have (and intend to fulfill) a request from DarkKnightH20 to implement the old intro sequence of the bird flying over Priston in a modern client. I suspect I know how to make this happen, but I know there are other things current devs will consider more important. I also know that it will take me some considerable time to do it, even if the early client executable weren't so heavily encrypted by nProtect. XD

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add tags... there is not way to add than now? Blah.

O so you have those, if you have old game.exe's it would be cool too, they contain natural map environment, like sky, snow etc.

I was thinking about creating beta sub server that can contain different maps than alpha. Like:

If alpha sub server than go to new maps, if beta go to old maps, if gamma than go to custom maps :} For now I will try to do some tests and see what happens. (after I wake up :})

2nd image is from official, but it could be a test or SS for commercial (its dungeon F1).

BTW do you have PT version 0.000001 pre ahlpha? Just joking ;) I wonder what versions you have :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What I'm posting are the original Install Shield setups for these client versions... they contain everything, but I wouldn't recommend running the setup on your current PC, as they really where designed for Win9x. XD 2000 wasn't officially supported and XP didn't exist.

Image2...
If it's official, it wasn't released to English players. XD That layout is pretty close to what ended up in Laxe Lore... I wonder if they where using an early Lax engine with the old PT1 meshes?

And yes, there is a way to edit the tags. You should be able to use the "Thread Tools" menu. ^_^

--- EDIT ---

Just went through 166 (because I know that one is problematic). The executable refuses to install, because it's incomplete (that's how I got it, and it's size is the size it was on the server I got it from... it's as correct as the link I was given, sorry).

To get anything useful out of it, you can extract the install files with WinRAR, or anything else that supports self-extracting Windows CAB files. That will get as much of the setup files out as possible and then fail. Then use "Unshield x data1.cab" on the files extracted, that will extract game files from the InstallShield CAB files (different from Windows CAB files) into the folder.

I know it's incomplete, but there are still some gems in this. XD

Among them:-
Original English PT Launcher (Delphi / BCB code), The Updater points to or and only after that does it look to , Game.exe isn't packed, and uses FINDHACK.EXE to run nProtect in the background. \o/ Refers to the game as being owned by HanGame, but uses the Triglow updater. (clearly transitional) Has many many raw ASE and INI files, not encoded as SMD or INX yet. \o/

Also contains no Pillia, Old Ric and Old (pre SoD1) Navisko.

Okay... uploads complete. :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The version that has these maps should be 2.00.0 + ,this Ricartem posted on SS is a mixture of pre-aor and ultimate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have those.

The second image is not from any official PT client, as the HUD has never looked like that, and I'd love to know where it came from. ^_^ The HUD did change when 640x480 Minimum and only resolution was dropped. I remember that the Character, Inventory, Skills etc, used to show as little tombstones which popped up to show their icon when you hovered your pointer over them... but much of that was because space was limited at 640x480, and you can see the old HUD being extended with that blank bar on anything over 800x600... which was designed as the new minimum resolution.

I'll upload and link you the "older" PT clients I have... including the Pre-AOR which contains that old Ric. Though I can't remember which one it is.

Remember that map co-ordinates for these old clients conflict, so teleports don't work right pointers and co-ordinates need to be updated... especially if (like most people) you want to mix-and-match.

Links to come:-
  • - Note, this was incomplete when it was passed to me. There is some good old stuff though, like old NPCs that no longer exist, ASE files for some of the monsters, ini files not packed into inx files yet etc etc.
(if anyone has other versions please feel free to share those. ^_^)
I still have (and intend to fulfill) a request from DarkKnightH20 to implement the old intro sequence of the bird flying over Priston in a modern client. I suspect I know how to make this happen, but I know there are other things current devs will consider more important. I also know that it will take me some considerable time to do it, even if the early client executable weren't so heavily encrypted by nProtect. XD

The version 1.66 is corrupting the extract I tried using winrar as indicated, that would be how to extract and compress it to upload to new link?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I managed to extract the 166 version, but unfortunately do not have anything different from others.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use UniExtract ^^.

eu sou o destroyer ^^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone have version 1.0? XD
Version 1.66 is good, game.exe is so small and monsters are so 'square' :}

Thats what I was looking for, thank you bobsobol.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use UniExtract ^^.

eu sou o destroyer ^^
UniExtract is simply a conglomeration of other tools... sadly, the ones it provides are only useful if the file is complete... and even then they fall short.

I've posted links to before I believe... as I say, WinRAR will fail (probably so with 7zip et. el.) but it will get as much out of the exe as it can, and un-like (the tool used by UniExtract) it doesn't delete what it could read, simply because it couldn't read everything

Then just run "unshield x data1.cab" (from the command line, of course) in the folder you extracted with RAR or 7Zip or WHY and you should get as many files as you can from the setup.

If you overwrite the 1753 files with what you have from 1.66b (as it turns out it actually is) 1753 has the files missing from 1.66b, so it can then run as normal... or rather "fail" to run "as normal". Of course, it tries to update nProtect from servers that no longer exist and quits out when it can't get any response from them... so you'll have to hack FindHack.exe and nProtect out of the game client in order to get it up and running properly again.

So far I can get about 8-10 seconds into the intro before it decides that it's security backup is not working and quits out.

I'd rather not provide a RAR of files already extracted from the setup, because as it is... if someone else has a copy which is corrupted in a different way, we can put them together and make a complete working version... I'm more than happy to keep working with people here until everyone understands how to extract as many files from the setup as possible.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I managed to extract the 166 version, but unfortunately do not have anything different from others.

It has lots that are different from the others... though it may not actually use them.

It contains many ASE files, and many INIs and INFs before they became INX files. \o/

Those aren't there even by 1.75.3, so it's a real shame this download is only partial.

Interestingly enough, many of the effects bitmaps are far higher resolution than the current ones, and some of the field textures too. I prefer the less "fruity" and "flowery" textures for GOF and such... lower contrast, less visible detail but didn't make me feel as much of an action man.

I actually remember the maps being more like these than the present ones, even though I didn't start playing till after the Morions where introduced. I remember there being a spawn in the ditch behind the twin swirls in GOF which was quiet and out of the way where I could usually go and grind in peace... it's not there now, and I remember them removing it, and wondering why there was nothing but a rock face there now.

Anyway... I've started a sort of mix-and-match with the files with some interesting results. I replaced all the textures for Ric once before with photographic ones at 512 x 512... I liked it, but it was pretty heavy load. This time I'm mixing meshes and textures.

I got the old Character Creation room... look :-
No characters or classes to pick from though, and the animation (lightning and flames) is static... so it's still an Epic Fail. XD

Funny though. :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try of ALL 3 ricarten (village-2.smd) inside my clinet (1.66,1.75.3,2.00.0)
No of them is one in sccrenshot of vormav

!!!
have even more version? I need version vormav to my server pls men. Up he! :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is that what u guys was trying to do?
I wasn't trying... just messing around, but well done, I think it looks nice.:thumbup1:

@Babol:
I've given what I have... someone was boasting to me the other day about having every update for ePT back to Pay2Play or some such, :wink: (you know who you are) maybe they could help out.

Besides which, the map you show isn't a screenshot, it's an artists impression... so it may never have been quite exactly like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wasn't trying... just messing around, but well done, I think it looks nice.:thumbup1:
Oh ok,thanks bob,I have a question,this image :

You think the HP bars that are at the top of the screen, it is not possible to put back into our current client? Let's discuss about this?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd love to... that's a really nice HUD UI layout and I mentioned it earlier on in this thread... I've not seen the client that produces that UI though. If anyone can share it I'd love to rework that UI into a modern client.

I've got about 50% of my butchered clients 2D UI overlay labeled in such a way as I can find it and trace what it's doing, when, how and why... I hope to make large improvements to that later on. (thoughts including using GDIPlus.dll which is very good modern and accelerated 2D API, and XML (like Firefox) or LUA (because it's already in PT, like WoW) UI layout file(s) so users or devs could redesign the UI to their liking have come to mind.)

So long as you can only change how information is presented, and cannot gain access to more information than you are entitled to see, or alter any values returned to the game which you are not entitled to alter, there are no security issues with a user configurable UI layout, as many other games have proven.

With WoW, I think Blizzard actually proved that they could use their fan base to offset the cost of R&D into "good" user interface design. Most of the most popular UI layouts and "enhancement mods" that where shared have, little by little, found their way into the standard UI layout provided with newer versions of the game. Things like Enchantrix (which allowed you to see what recipes items are used in so they aren't thrown away as junk by non-enchanters, or how many of a particular enchant you can perform with the ingredient you have to hand, or at your bank) and Scrolling Combat Text (which put the "You lost 3hp" "Enemy lost 5hp" that you could originally only see in the chat log when switched to the combat tab, floating off your head during play), bits of Auctioneer (which let's you see what the last seen auction price for an item was so you throw out less of the wrong kind of junk and helped search for useful auctions by breaking them down into the uses of the items) and movable, or all-in-one bag mods where re-invented in the standard UI.

Newcomers to WoW, or people who don't play with WoW mods may not realize that those where not in the original UI, and where not invented by Blizzard staff, but by players... to help players. Blizzard then stole them. XD

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are good information, if only I had access to client code (game.exe) pre aor, I could find a way to bring back this interface, but pre aor clients are pack, if someone can unpacker or something it would be useful ... I personally think that the old clients were the best(the best time too) would be good to go back to using them or able to adapt some interesting things they have in our current client ...
PS : so nobady have this maps on the pictures?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2 of the clients I hosted are PreAOR... or on the verge of AOR... neither have that interface.

When and where ever it was used it must have been for a very brief period. Usually files from such "experimentation" hang around for a while.

fe. in 1.66b client I posted, there is not just Char/NPC Char/Monster Char/tmABCD and Char/Flag... but also Char/woman (with what appears to be a female fighter with sufficient animations to make her a Player Character, or at least a "companion" like the Elementals of Prs and Mage or the Wolf of Archer. And also a Char/animal, which contains a penis and a Rabbit. Clearly not hostile, but not the sort of thing you would want to interact with either. Presumably these where passive NPCs with no interface.

Most clients have old, dead data from experiments left in their folder structure... I've never seen artwork files anything like this in any client I've ever had. (and I have always checked the resources to see what is used where and what is there that is never used.)

The Screenshot you posted, Exellsior, shows some text, and artwork with embedded text in Korean... so maybe it was never part of any EPT release?

The Artwork in jPT is different for the UI to other releases too... they use ring chains around the bordering of each dialogue, which looks quite nice. A subtle difference, but the layout is basically the same.

Last edited:
Back