• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Video] The makings of a website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is not a tutorial. I video recorded when I was working on aurora's website as it actually gives motivation to look back too see progression.
Aurora is not up anymore so this is not advertising.

This website (version 2) never got in use, it was a complete recode of the first website for the server introducing fully javascript/ajax system. Meaning you would never have to reload the website, and things would look a lot smoother and instant while navigating around.

I am not a web developer in general, or a designer. I hate designing literally. You will probably see mistakes in css and html on a regular basis, but I tend to fix them eventually.

There is no sound in the videos as I didn't want to run in troubles with youtubes copyright laws and risk videos being removed, although that is better as you can listen to your own songs while watching.

The website structure (or project) is regular ASP.NET as I'm not in the need of any frameworks (such as MVC), I build my own.

I hope this can give you some inspiration and ideas for your future developments.
I'm not releasing the source of the website because that would be more spoonfeeding than inspiring you to invent your own things, although you will see several source codes throughout the videos. It is your choice if you decide to copy my structure or code shown in the videos if you desire.

There are 7 videos in total in a playlist, all recorded during one night's hard coding session.
Coffee, Popcorn and Coding (ASP.NET, jQuery) - YouTube

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
I'm ignoring any kind of flame as these videos are for inspiration and ideas, not wars.

Happy coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back