• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Vietnam Priston Tale Client - Complete, last version No-XTrap

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Priston Tale Vietnam
Last Edition v10.57.2

No XTrap
Hey all. So someone asked me to make a video tutorial on removing XTrap from this client. (in a PM)
:questionmark: Top tip: Don't ask bobsobol to post stuff in a PM. I don't appreciate it. Make a post, ask the community and as a member of that community I may well be the one who fulfils your request. :glare:
Okay, there's no way I could respond to that request... or any for the English or Brazilian client either. You can either do it or you can't, a video of me going through the client in single-step, going "hmm, I don't like the look of that. Let's try it without." modify, re-run "Okay, that didn't work, let's find out why not." re-run in single-step "Ah I see. Let's try this" for 5 hrs is either going to be frustrating because you can already see why it won't work, and screaming "No! Not that one, pull the other routine you divit!" or your going to be scratching your head (or Dangle-Plums... or maybe that's the same thing) going "Why? No... wait... seriously... WTF are you trying to achieve? Why this one and not that one?"

Once you are used to the way various clients work without XTap, and can watch what a client does with XTrap, I just kind of "sniff" my way around the code snipping bits that look "odd". I can't tell you anything about it other than that. They just don't look like normal XTrap free client code... Or, just occasionally, they stick out like a sore thumb as being definitely XTrap code. (when they are calling LoadLibrary() on an XTrap DLL or passing ASCII strings full of Hex characters back and fourth)​
Last Version
The thing with PTVn is that it is no longer a "going concern". The Vietnamese servers where taken down. So... although the assets still essentially belong to Yedang, the client (as it is packaged) is basically "abandonware". (it's not, in the sense that there are other servers in other parts of the world commercially supporting their own versions derived from the same source, so if you take these assets and use them in regions covered by those official servers, you are still "being naughty") but as it is, and if you want to use this client at home, behind the privacy of your own router I see no issue with you doing so.​
The Release
So with all that in mind, I see this as a great opportunity to give Devs a complete client which cannot (in it's current state) connect to any official server, but does show how official clients are built and released to players by the official developers.

You can make this connect to your server (a fair amount of skill is required to do this) and play at home, with friends, try out your "skillz" and learn.

We don't have a "Vietnamese" server. (One which this client can connect to) But I know the people in Vietnam do. It would be great if someone could teach us, here at RaGEZONE, how to make that work right. Or perhaps someone among our regulars would like the challenge?​
Downloads
I make this release at a time when major file hosts are dropping like flies. MEGAUpload was recently taken down by the F.B.I. and their competitors are closing their doors, crashing under the weight of their loss or generally clamping down what they allow users to share. So I'm trying a number of different mirrors, hoping to find one that stands out. Feel free to use this thread to let us know which hosts where good, bad, indifferent, down etc. Let us know any other file hosts you would recommend. :D:

View attachment PTVn-10572_No-XTrap.7z
NJoy.

Credits
The creators and maintainers of the now closed Vietnamese Priston Tale official server are responsible for everything here which doesn't belong to Yedang / Triglow.

The only part I can take any credit for, is removing XTrap.

Cheers.​

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
please re-up the client without Xtrap .
i love your work .
and keep working :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nps. I found the 2Shared link worked fine, so I've left the old link up, but attached the 7z just below it in the OP.
View attachment 106585

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
IP configuration???
in the game.exe? ptreg.rgx? Idata.bmp?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, probably. :eek:tt1:

The point is, this is an unmodified official client. The server it is compiled to work with does not exist. If you want to use it, you will have to learn how it works for your-self and modify that to suite your own purpose.

AFAIK, ptreg.rgx works, and so does hotuk.ini. I don't know about registry, because I don't ever allow it. (install under virtualised isolation sandbox and then copy the files out to work on them) I don't know about ldata (except that it is "L" ldata not "I" idata :wink:) but I do know that it will work without it if the others are correct.

There will not be any IP embedded in the executable (that's a lie, because it embeds XTrap and other monitoring IPs, but nothing you need for the game server) because official PT developers have never made that modification. You could do that though, and it's usually a good way to avoid confusion over configuration locations.

It does have XTrap which will need countering in some way... but what you want to do about it is entirely up to you.

Literally, this is what was released on the PTV website. Without changes. If you can't get to the Yedang or Arario site to download one of their clients, this is safely out-of-print, and will allow you to see how the official distributors usually provide installers. (Yetime just give you a RAR file, and Suba and Hazit make a mess of the executable and file locations before distributing)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i can't download, please update new link :/: game PT in vietnam was closed, so i can't download PT Vietnamese, please update new link

Reaction score
Just download latest version of EPT before tier 5 here:
And then just chuck the VPT client game.exe from the first post into the install of ept. PTVn-10572_No-XTrap.7z
Works fine, same files. All you have to do is maybe translate some of the quest info files.

Back