• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Vista or XP?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
imo > vista = appearance / xp = performance but it depends on ur computer scores =]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I installed Vista, im hoping to get another 2GB of ram soon, since I seem to be using 1GB while idle (I have 2GB already) but im not noticing any performance differences from XP, and readyboost is always a useful option

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
imo > vista = appearance / xp = performance but it depends on ur computer scores =]

Wrong. Vista is faster on my machine then XP, it installed faster and loads faster. Reason is it works with duel core and quad core much better.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am running Windows Vista. The layout is pretty much the same. The Aero is pretty awsome. I used to use alot of fake vista skins, but since I have had the real thing it has been wow.

It is easier for locating files, and storing files according to any order you wish.

the only downside is that I lost my Factory Restore image. So, If I have a virus, or if my PC goes corrupt, then, I have pretty much had it.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are ALOT of topics like this already, search and you will find all the debates about this.

My opinion is that Vista is good only because it has DX10, otherwise it's lame OS for lame people.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My SP1 failed on me. Took 4 hours only to say, "You're service pack was unsuccessfully installed".
Only takes about 30 mins to install vista form scratch so i havnt a clue what happening there.

Back