Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vista > W7 RC1

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Alright, so i've been trying out RC1 and it seems like a stable release so I can switch for the change to Win7 before full release. But seen as i've never done this before I was hoping for a bit of guidance, if i'm going from Vista to Win7 via the Upgrade option which I can select what will be kept in the move, do I keep all my files and are my installs still installed or will they just be folders with no registrys?

Lewis.

Reaction score
I would never, ever, ever recommend using the "upgrade" feature to switch OS versions. Full format and fresh install is always the way to go. Especially with Vista involved, having problems and complications using "upgrade" with Vista is apparently a very common occurrence.

Reaction score
Never upgrade any OS. Why? All of the problems you had with the old OS will move over. Furthermore, they will keep all of your old OS files causing you to loose disk space. This also includes your registry. Now you are basically taking a messed up registry and adding even more crap to it. In the end, it will probably become unstable and perform like poop.

So just do a clean install.

NoPeace - out

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Never upgrade any OS. Why? All of the problems you had with the old OS will move over. Furthermore, they will keep all of your old OS files causing you to loose disk space. This also includes your registry. Now you are basically taking a messed up registry and adding even more crap to it. In the end, it will probably become unstable and perform like poop.

So just do a clean install.

NoPeace - out

Haha, thanks you've just confirmed what I was already thinking its obviously a system which isn't really ready for people to use and expect good results yet.

Lewis.

Back