• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Visual Basic Help Please :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey i just recently bough Visual Basic 6 and iv'e only got a little idea on how to use it i know about making calculators and stuff i just cant find any reliable Tutorial Websites if you Could Post Some below i would be chuffed XD
the only ones ive seen are youtube and it was to make a calculator :lame: i know but i learned it and its simple has anyone out there got a clue how to make a funny code that makes your disc drive(s) pop "in" and "out"
Or Spam pop ups.
Anyway please post some Tutorial websites if you can thanks :)

Remeber please for Visual Basic 6

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just Google what you want with vb6 at the end.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sage

protip: VB is lame.

There's several million websites out there with usage instructions, go find them yourself.

I was going to recommend C/C++ but from an initial judgement of your Post I don't think it'd change anything.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
C#.NET is actually better than C++ IMO. I know it sucks at making games, but not if you use XNA Game Studio. ;] (It's free)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey i just recently bough Visual Basic 6

A waste of money in my opinion as you can get VB.NET for free (learning edition, but I guess you don't need more than that at the moment).

know but i learned it and its simple has anyone out there got a clue how to make a funny code that makes your disc drive(s) pop "in" and "out"
Or Spam pop ups.

As for your disc drives look for a API

As for the spam pop-ups use msgbox command

Just a suggestion: make sure I never come across any of your lame code or be sure I will never find out where you live.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sage

C#.NET is actually better than C++ IMO. I know it sucks at making games, but not if you use XNA Game Studio. ;] (It's free)
I'm assuming you don't know that C# is Micro$oft's own invention, only for MS-Windows, and that C++ is nearly a standard across many platforms.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: sage

I'm assuming you don't know that C# is Micro$oft's own invention, only for MS-Windows, and that C++ is nearly a standard across many platforms.

I'm assuming you don't know that a lot of people only use windows.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: sage

So? Most programs written aren't made for windows only...

Yeah, and your point?

Ok ill rephrase the shizt.

If your only gonna ever use windows, C# isnt a bad choice.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And I'm already beginning to migrate over to Linux, where practically everything is C/C++.

Back