Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VM server VPN problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im having a problem with my settings or something.

I installed a VPN called ZeroTier One, and I changed all WAN and LAN ips to the one assigned to VM Server VPN IP (192.168.195.16). Also, the VM network adapter is set to bridge (manually set to 192.168.1.200 - in my local LAN range)

I changed IPs to Server VPN one in:
hosts (client-side)
Heroes.db3 (client-side)
heroesContents.db3 (server-side)
nmconew.ini

Ports seems open: (27k-29k, 10000:10050, 47611, 6500, 80, 42) TCP+UDP

I can play LAN, all my computers in LAN can connect to server and play normally.
The problem comes when a friend connected to the VPN tries to join a channel or boat (everything else works fine, even cashshop), and what I have detected is that it tries to connect to my local LAN ip, not the VPN one.

So, all traffic goes through the VPN... EXCEPT when trying to use port 27003 (channel service port, probably boat service port (27005) does the same)

Here is the screenshot:

As you can see, VPN client (my PC), connects through VPN, from local to remote (my vpn ip to vm server vpn ip). Except when using port 27003, which goes from my local lan ip to local lan ip of vpn server (which, since it my LAN it doesnt fail to do so).
This behaves the same when my friend tries to join a channel, it tries to connect to 27003 in server local lan ip (192.168.1.200), which, as he is outside the local LAN network, doesnt work.

Anyone has a solution to this? or can explain to me why is this happening?

Thanks you in advance

Last edited:
Back