Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WarZ in UE5

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A while ago, I decided it would be much easier for me to move WarZ to UE5 than set up a server, and I'm quite pleased with the progress so far. Of course, it's just a few assets and textures transferred to another engine, but considering the process needed to go from .scb to .obj and then to .fbx, I consider it quite an achievement. I also attempted to replicate the lighting present in WarZ on ultra settings, and I'm fairly satisfied with the current results.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
If you are porting a game, it would be much faster for you to not use all the assets of an old game.
You are now using Unreal Engine 5, Im not sure why you want it to be 1:1 copy of the original game.

Using the imported House meshes are understandable but I think when it comes to environment, utilize what UE5 can offer to you.

My also suggestion is that, if there's still an official WarZ servers, dont go 1:1. Avoid wasting time to get dmca'd.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you are porting a game, it would be much faster for you to not use all the assets of an old game.
You are now using Unreal Engine 5, Im not sure why you want it to be 1:1 copy of the original game.

Using the imported House meshes are understandable but I think when it comes to environment, utilize what UE5 can offer to you.

My also suggestion is that, if there's still an official WarZ servers, dont go 1:1. Avoid wasting time to get dmca'd.
What you said makes perfect sense, the objectes of warz itself are already copyrighted, and their textures were very strange in UE5, it's much better to create something new or remodel completely, in unreal it's possible to buy ready-made and much better assets than these

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I agree with you. At the moment, I have another project as my main focus. This one here, I see it more as a curiosity/education-only/reverse engineering project to play around with stuff. I didn't intend to actually create a 1:1 remaster mainly due to copyright issues and potential limited interest (although given the current situation with 'The Day Before,' who knows) it's just not worth it. Creating a "spiritual successor" of TheWarZ is in my plans, but for now, I prefer to concentrate on smaller projects.Sorry that I didn't articulate correctly my plans regarding the project in the first sentence.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oh wow, I actually just made a post earlier today asking if anyone has done this. Awesome work.
I heard rumors that Yuri-BR seems to be transferring WarZ to Unreal Engine

Reaction score
Good luck in your endeavors!
I have to let you know beforehand that UE5's server has limitations.
Thats why I recommend you to use DSS or similar plugin.

Back