• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Web Copy-Protect?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I need someone to hide the ``JavaScript File`` save as a web, so they would not be copied, be it XD, but is otherwise much affecting the performance of the web, and other resources are needed (which I have ^ * ^).
Web Example: Right click and tighten sources please see

I hope you do not take it as advertising, because the web server that I closed it, anything can ban me easily: D.:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do not know what happened, I think the post, refresh the page and disappeared! (Empty).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's actually an interesting vBulletin bug I personally haven't heard of before. I wonder what the logs show...

^*^ /+/ .-*-. /oks. : [Waiting]

do not know why I always strange things happen to me, at least ^ ^ win new experiences

Post Bug, And:
what I wanted to know is if anyone knows how to hide the JavaScript File? ( .js ).
but do slow the web.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^*^ /+/ .-*-. /oks. : [Waiting]

do not know why I always strange things happen to me, at least ^ ^ win new experiences

Post Bug, And:
what I wanted to know is if anyone knows how to hide the JavaScript File? ( .js ).
To hide it? Umm, you can obfuscate it and minify it. I'm not sure of a whole lot else you can do to 'hide' it from the user. The user's browser needs to be able to see and read it, obviously. Because it's client-sided, you may have a hard time doing what you want.

Why do you want to do this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To hide it? Umm, you can obfuscate it and minify it. I'm not sure of a whole lot else you can do to 'hide' it from the user. The user's browser needs to be able to see and read it, obviously. Because it's client-sided, you may have a hard time doing what you want.

Why do you want to do this?
por que haria mas dificil que alguien pudiera copiar la web, ya que para llegar hacia la web verdadera, que se puede copiar con click derecho y ver source, los archivos javascript dan un indicio, ejemplo: "i1.php", true);
y si el sujeto sabe que es eso, lo unico que tendria que hacer para hallarla es poner: miweb.com/i1.php
puedo alargarla y hacerla mas dificil, pero siempre se podra llegar, aunque hay otras formas tambien de copiar las webs^^, pero me concentro en esa, hay otras formas de copiarla como tambien se otras formas de ocultar los sources de la web.

Google Translation:
that would make it more difficult for anyone to copy the web, because to get to the real web, which can be copied by right clicking and view source, javascript files give an indication, eg "i1.php", true);
and if the subject knows that's it, all you had to do to find it is to: miweb.com/i1.php
I can stretch it and make it more difficult, but always be able to reach, although there are also other forms of copying the web ^ ^, but I focus on that, other forms of copying as well be other ways to hide the sources of the web.

Nothing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The google translation is really rough, but it seems like you don't want people to be able to see the javascript file because it has the URL of "i1.php" in it, which you don't want users to know about or go to.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the fact of the matter is that there isn't much you can do.
Anything that is accessible by javascript should be completely secured from the user, as the user can access it. It's something you have to deal with - there's no way around it.
The user's browser is a "client" in the same way as javascript is "client"-sided.

You can use PHP Sessions to limit what each user see's from that page on a user-to-user basis, although I don't know if this will really help your situation.
Just limit what the user (and thus, the javascript) can see from "miweb.com/i1.php".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The google translation is really rough, but it seems like you don't want people to be able to see the javascript file because it has the URL of "i1.php" in it, which you don't want users to know about or go to.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the fact of the matter is that there isn't much you can do.
Anything that is accessible by javascript should be completely secured from the user, as the user can access it. It's something you have to deal with - there's no way around it.
The user's browser is a "client" in the same way as javascript is "client"-sided.

You can use PHP Sessions to limit what each user see's from that page on a user-to-user basis, although I don't know if this will really help your situation.
Just limit what the user (and thus, the javascript) can see from "miweb.com/i1.php".

and I was looking on google and it said on several issues that the javascript can not hide, because the client or visitor downloads it to temporary files, etc., so that makes it difficult to copy and modify.

PD: achieve encrypt the javascript

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The truth is, everyone will always be able to steal Javascript. That's just the way it is. All you have to do is code top-notch work so they can at least respect you when they're stealing it. xD

^ ^ Depends on who is stealing a noob or someone who knows anything about programming

Back