• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Website]AvivCMS

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, I started to learn css & php & html and I started to work on new site.
So I completed the cms and I decided to share it with you :tongue:

SS:
1 - [Website]AvivCMS - RaGEZONE Forums 2 - [Website]AvivCMS - RaGEZONE Forums 3 - [Website]AvivCMS - RaGEZONE Forums 4 - [Website]AvivCMS - RaGEZONE Forums 5 - [Website]AvivCMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

password: avivcms

Hmmm this is my first CMS will be wonderful if you could tell me what I can improve :laugh:

Credits to AltairCMS a few scripts that I took :thumbup1:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
looks ok, i'll download and take a look at it tmr

Reaction score
There is alot to improve but hey .. pretty much good for first CMS :)
I'll download it when I'll have time and check out the code :)

Nice release, continue learning and keep up the good job.

Reaction score
There is alot to improve but hey .. pretty much good for first CMS :)
I'll download it when I'll have time and check out the code :)

Nice release, continue learning and keep up the good job.
You, of all people should not be giving advice.
OT: Things to think about:
- Using consistent fonts (1-3 at most)
- Using easy to read fonts. The navigation bar font is pretty hard to read.
- Consistent color scheme. Your background is primarily red and brown, yet you're using red, black and green. Get rid of the green, and use red for your buttons. Use white for your text. Make the main background (the green box) a different color.
- Work on the logo, looks like something from a photoshop tutorial which you changed the text for.
Good luck!

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Has some potential.. you shouldn't center the center container's text..the news and stuff looks bad :/

Have Fun!
Reaction score
I like the idea. It needs more work, though. Use different fonts, make something more interesting in the middle. A -little- more sprites might be appropriate?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You need to spend some time on learning how to make good looking graphic design...

First off, it kinda looks like you took a lot of different things and tried to put them together.

For example, there's no sense of color scheme. I mean, at the very least, thankfully you didn't make anything hard to read because of the colors. Pick 2, maybe 3 colors, (not counting black/white because those go with almost anything) and try to stick with them throughout the design.

Now for the navigation bar. Navigation bar text is good if it's just a simple font with some text effects. If you want to use more stylish fonts for nav bars, you gotta have some more complex effects to match it and make it work.

Oh yeah, and that Amaranth font that I apparently popularized.
It's only good for logos and headers, don't use it for anything else.
I blame Dan (Five) for overusing it on Eden's site... he didn't even do the drop shadows the way they were meant to be done D:

Anyway, moving on.
What else should I say... uh... oh yeah those buttons on the right hand side, change it from mange to manage.

Meh that's enough talk for now, you can probably work from there.

Back