Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Webzen to take over the private servers?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I just saw the MU Rebirth closed beta trailer:

That's sad! ... The company which once said (about a year ago) that the private servers where not affecting them at all because they delivered the best service is now about to enter as a competitor to take back the millions of users that they lost.

I think this will only affect small MU servers, unstable, new ones. Big server who have been here for a while have loyal players, not to mention all of the custom features we see in the private servers which obviously webzen's server won't have. I believe it will affect more to the global mu server than private servers itself, because all the players who have been playing for years in GMO, already maxed in level will pretty sure want to try out the rebirth server so they can go further more with the "pvp server" webzen's creating.

so, what do you think about this? good / bad or desperate move from webzen?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i think its desperate but since there is no team that can hold on to the newest things that WebZen make i am not so sure :)!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lautaro - Webzen to take over the private servers? - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think its desperate but since there is no team that can hold on to the newest things that WebZen make i am not so sure :)!

But they won't make new features just for that server so regarding the custom features, the private servers will still be one step ahead.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today WebZen close my Facebook FanPage with 12k likes only!
and he send me a email saying that i must close my private server, or remove all content of they.
WTF! (i got pick of 200 players only)

Coincidental or the bad luck?...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Jamaika takes that challenge :)Wish there was a way to know how many players online they got :D
why u dont make web in eng to? Wana join but dont understand nothing :D wow so many ppl on

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today WebZen close my Facebook FanPage with 12k likes only!
and he send me a email saying that i must close my private server, or remove all content of they.
WTF! (i got pick of 200 players only)

Coincidental or the bad luck?...

It's even better to have a single page for MuOnline gamers with 300k likes than 2000 pages with 1k likes each one.
Webzen wants to take you down?maybe you've received a mail from an impersonator.

See,it's good that Webzen challange all the private servers than killing them like other Online Games over the Internet

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
if someone give me a domain name i would make a PVP Server to fk with webzen haha :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Webzen wants to take you down?maybe you've received a mail from an impersonator.

FanPage Warning:

Hola:

Retiramos o desactivamos el acceso al siguiente contenido que publicaste en Facebook porque alguien nos informó que infringe sus derechos:

página: XXXXXX Mu Online

Ten en cuenta que Facebook no puede mediar en conflictos entre terceros. Si consideras que este contenido no debió haberse quitado de Facebook, puedes ponerte directamente en contacto con el denunciante para resolver el problema:

Número de notificación: 482373215172801

Información de contacto
Nombre: Chris Pyo
Correo electrónico: kxxxx@webzen.co.kr

Si llegan a un acuerdo para restaurar el contenido reportado, pídele a quien hace la queja que nos envíe su consentimiento por correo electrónico e incluya el número de referencia original. A menos que recibamos una notificación explícita con el consentimiento de la parte denunciante, no podremos restablecer este contenido en Facebook. Ten en cuenta que el denunciante no está obligado a responder a tu solicitud.

Te aconsejamos encarecidamente que revises todo lo que publicaste en Facebook para asegurarte de que no existe ningún otro contenido que incumpla los derechos de propiedad de terceros, puesto que nuestra política es eliminar las cuentas de los infractores reincidentes, siempre que lo consideremos oportuno.

Para informarte sobre los derechos de propiedad intelectual, visita la página de nuestro Servicio de ayuda: .

El equipo de Facebook

And the mail is sented by Same Person.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mu Chronicle Interview

We had the chance to ask some interesting questions to the Main Producer of MU Rebirth, the upcoming MMORPG previously known as MU Chronicle R. Let's give a look at his answers!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to interview you about MU Chronicle R. First of all, could you introduce yourself to our readers?

My name is Jun Hyeok Im and I am the main producer for MU Online which is being globally serviced. I am so excited to introduce MU Chronicle R. Nice to meet you!

The first question is: what does MU mean to you?

Over 10 years, MU Online has been such a beloved MMORPG all around the world and still has a substantial number of active users, which is unbelievable considering that there are few games that came through the rapidly changing MMO trend over the past decade. MU Online will be remembered from the further generation as one of pioneers and will remain as backbone in the MMO history.

Why a new MU now? Is this the right time? In your opinion, are players asking for it?

We wanted to release this game earlier but there was an internal issue that postponed the release date.
It is so amazing that it’s finally possible for us to meet our potential players.

What’s the feeling with the community after an announcement like this? Do you find players eager to know more about the game?

Well, the responses from players are divided into mainly 2 groups. The first group thinks MU Chronicle R would be MU2 and another group thinks it is just a part of update from Global MU. To explain clearly, MU Chronicle R is based on the hack-and-slash gaming experience of MU1 and not a totally different game. We are so glad to see that many players have paid attention to MU Chronicle R.

What can players expect from this new MU? What type of game do you expect to create?

The recent MMO trend is rapidly changing and many players feel sick of Pay 2 Win model. They expect much more than just leveling over and over. In the case of MU1, a substantial number of players play private servers due to many reasons and they always feel afraid of the possible fact that their servers may be suddenly closed. We were so sad to see that almost all private servers were selling items at very low price without considering the side effects. Our purpose is to provide a higher quality gaming environment in an official server that incomparably stable and fun.

Is ‘MU Chronicle R’ going to be the final title?

The official codename is MU Rebirth. The title directly represents one of main contents called ‘Rebirth’.

Are we going to see some features from the old MU or is this game a totally reboot?

As I mentioned before, MU Rebirth is based on MU1’s gaming style and thus, MU1’s various features will remain.
The major difference is MU Rebirth is a highly PvP oriented game unlike MU1.

What would you say will be the main feature of MU Chronicle R, PvP?

Yes. The main feature is PvP. It will take just 1 or 2 hours to reach at the maximum level so players will be easily able to enjoy PvP contents. While a race called ‘Rage Fighter’ was blamed as balance destroyer in MU1, MU Rebirth concentrated on balancing each race for better PvP. The balancing work will be kept even after the Closed Beta on July 4.

Is going to be totally free to play?

Yes. It is a literally totally Free-2-Play game. I mean all the items (approximately 500 items including weapon and armor) from MU Rebirth Item Shop can be bought for free through using Free Credit. Players can obtain Free Credit through their own gameplay.

Any release date in mind?

Official launching date will be the middle of July or the end of July. The accurate date will be announced through MU Rebirth Facebook and Webzen.com

From your point of view, what will make this game more fun than others?

As far as I know, there is no game in the world that offers as easier and faster PvP opportunities as MU Rebirth. We have a plan to hold ‘Official PvP Event’ every month (with cash prizes) in order to make it MU Rebirth’s tradition. Also, we will recruit GMs from various countries to satisfy our global players.

Would you like to add something?

To be honest, there are too many private servers for MU1 and many innocent players are losing their time and money. They don’t even respect their players since they have the absolute power in their servers. As you know, it is common that private servers are frequently created and closed. They say their servers will remain forever but you never know. We hope those players would come to MU Rebirth and would experience much better service and quality. Needless to say, they won’t worry about closing servers anymore.

Source:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Webzen said:
Yes. The main feature is PvP. It will take just 1 or 2 hours to reach at the maximum level so players will be easily able to enjoy PvP contents.

HAHA :lol:

Webzen said:
While a race called ‘Rage Fighter’ was blamed as balance destroyer in MU1, MU Rebirth concentrated on balancing each race for better PvP.

HIGH XP + balanced chars = New MuO :lol:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The recent MMO trend is rapidly changing and many players feel sick of Pay 2 Win model. (...)
Is going to be totally free to play?

Yes. It is a literally totally Free-2-Play game. I mean all the items (approximately 500 items including weapon and armor) from MU Rebirth Item Shop can be bought for free through using Free Credit. Players can obtain Free Credit through their own gameplay.
Haha, I think it will be all pay 2 win again :closedeyes: The Items (Armor, Weapons etc.) in MU1 are also free to play, because they drop from monsters.
I smell ridiculous prices again to make the character stronger like in MU1. Do you really think they won't sell something like better potions and all kind of boosts? How do they want to pay the bills? :junglejane:
Instead of releasing new Seasons or Versions to milk their players, they should fix fundamental bugs first. After years of active dupe exploits, inactive&outdated gameguard and other crazy bugs, I won't play any of their games again. :lol:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HA HA HA HA HA
This is not funny, Webzen.

Speed Up the Leveling Just as the 9999x private servers become less and less popular?
Challenging the private server scene while they are using less and less of your code?

Oh well, people, better hope for the MUX project by The9 in China come out soon. Theirs are more promising.

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
It really is sad . . . and here i thought i was gonna be stop playing MU1 and decide to jump in the MU2 boat this november, Webzen decides to repeat history all over again . . .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really is sad . . . and here i thought i was gonna be stop playing MU1 and decide to jump in the MU2 boat this november, Webzen decides to repeat history all over again . . .

MU2 is still announced on november

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They should have just removed gold channel, and wiped all accounts, and closed cash-shop, and removed multi-client support.
No need for 9999x, rebirth and free F.O items.

I actually like finding friends and fighting for spots.
I just didn't like grinding for 8 hours for 1 level.

I wonder what max reset will be, and what about grand reset?

I guess we wait 5 more days to find out.

RIP MU1, waiting MU2.

Reaction score
good thinking from webzen, server moving on opening new style servers. will defiantly try out that server, cuz i hate click & slash for days to get 1 freaking level up. lot of people hate that.
well private servers will still rock cuz of customs and private coded features...

cant wait to see quality gaming from webzen. love the thing when i forget my acc, come back after year and my acc is still there full with bonuses :D

Back