Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do i really need to open my cabal online?..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After I successfully setup my cabal private server offline, and tested with another pc that are connected on LAN.. I was wondering if I can make it online or let others connect to my server by changing the '127.0.0.1' of all my .ini's file into my WAN IP?.. is it possible? I read some threads related to my concern but it still didn't solve my problem.. Anyone can help me? :):

Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No its not for u :D
service cabal config
and when it ask u for IP player to connect put ur wan IP.
then add exception to iptables, or disable it by disable firewall.
if u using router u have to open ports on it.
thats all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No its not for u :D
service cabal config
and when it ask u for IP player to connect put ur wan IP.
then add exception to iptables, or disable it by disable firewall.
if u using router u have to open ports on it.
thats all.

awtsu! XD.. ok sir! I'll try that.. thanks for accomodating my concern, hoping to build a successful public server.. :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try changing my WAN IP in service cabal config under IP player to connect.. But when I enter the server ang click the channel, theres no response, did i miss something?..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already changed that sir.. I also check my port if its forwarded, i set it with the IP address of my windows which is 192.168.1.7 and ports from 30000-40000, and its says its forwarded, do i need to check on my centos if its forwarded?..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
192.168.1.7 is your lan address. 127.0.0.1 is always the local machine. to see your wan ip you can access but if you have a dynamic ip address(from time to time your ip changes), what you probably have, you need to use No-ip, DynDNS or something similar to replicate your IP into a name. for example: google.com redirects to one of the google servers ie 177.159.162.230. In your case it'll be thenameyouchoose.no-ip.org and it'll redirect to your actual wan ip.

Trying to be developer ^^
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I already changed that sir.. I also check my port if its forwarded, i set it with the IP address of my windows which is 192.168.1.7 and ports from 30000-40000, and its says its forwarded, do i need to check on my centos if its forwarded?..

u have to open ports on centos ip, not windows :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whenever i change my
IPAddress=WAN
[ChatNode]
AddrForClient=WAN
[AgentShop]
AddrForClient=wan

No server displays, how come? what is the problem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have to change the ip wherter you reboot your router or dsl or whatever you had

Back