• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

What food/drink helps you sleep?

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As far as I remember from high school, eating right before bedtime isn't the best decision.
Your stomach will be digesting food you just ate while you are falling asleep or sleeping.

So food is out of the list.

But milk and honey always worked, but again I don't know how liquids are digested/processed...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't sleep without drinking green tea every night, it causes me to have sleeping disorder. waking up every 30 min or 1 hour.

I drink green tea throughout the day; Blueberry when I wake up, honey after dinner, and regular and lemongrass/ginger whenever. Sometimes I have a rooibos (regular or vanilla) or a vanilla earl grey. If I'm anxious or pissed off, I'll mix up a peppermint chamomile, and I always ALWAYS drink a chamomile tea while laying in bed at night (in a curved mug that allows me to rest it between my legs).

@OP: When I had insomnia real bad, I would take a Nytol and drink a cup of milky hot chocolate, then go straight to bed. It helped a lot.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I drink green tea throughout the day; Blueberry when I wake up, honey after dinner, and regular and lemongrass/ginger whenever. Sometimes I have a rooibos (regular or vanilla) or a vanilla earl grey. If I'm anxious or pissed off, I'll mix up a peppermint chamomile, and I always ALWAYS drink a chamomile tea while laying in bed at night (in a curved mug that allows me to rest it between my legs).

@OP: When I had insomnia real bad, I would take a Nytol and drink a cup of milky hot chocolate, then go straight to bed. It helped a lot.

I've never tried before drinking or eating something that makes me sleepy. Does it have side effects or what? Cause my sister got sleeping pills which was given to every nurses during duties in hospitals. maybe I would try it out, but then I have no idea if its really effective to me or somehow it might have a side effect.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've never tried before drinking or eating something that makes me sleepy. Does it have side effects or what? Cause my sister got sleeping pills which was given to every nurses during duties in hospitals. maybe I would try it out, but then I have no idea if its really effective to me or somehow it might have a side effect.

It doesn't make you sleepy as such. The milky hot chocolate does, though. The Nytol just makes sure that you have a decent night of sleep (instead of constantly waking up) and wake up feeling nice and relaxed.

Back