Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What happened to ragezone, no proxies alowed? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Yo wut da hell, i know what a proxie is but im not using one to hide my id or anything im only using a router and 1/100something tryed i get into ragezone the other times ever probably after i post this if it makes it it will probably say same damn error, why shouldint we be alowed to mask our id's to keep ourselves protected? just wanted to know that and also if this keeps going anyone on a dlink router wont be able to acces this site easy unless they use firefox even that will have issues from times. and the new layout has issues

Master Summoner
Reaction score
well its sorta gay no offence, i would like to know if anyone could give me an answer as to why he did it and why because using the proxi thing is thw routers do to protect our ip's from being hacked.......

iod

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1 only mods can see your ip
2 im using a dlink router with no probs

proxy thing is bad though because all isp's with 1000+ users use proxies and routers too can get blocked but it's the only way of stoping proxy using spammers so there's no choice really

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
i dont know why i get issues every browser netscape avant internet explorer isnt workign only one that works is the one i hate lol firefox

----

what do you mean only mods can see my ip and stuff? so none of my information will be given out to anyone? and if this is true then why not leave it like it was when the so called proxie's kept our info secret lol

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
netscape is the same as firefox...just different skins and some features are different

iod

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nobody sees your ip except for mods, smods and mental and we only look at ip's to check if two people are the same person or to ip ban.

and if we left it without the proxy check if you were a spammer you could never get banned because you'd just change proxies every time, but now we have this + another mod for keeping people banned.

Reaction score
Even if most members that use a proxy used it to soley protect their id, there are still enough that did it to get around being ip banned again and again. And as said, only mods can see your ip anyway.

I think it is a good thing that the hack is in place :)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well its not a prob if mod and supermods do see your ip bcuz i know they wont do anything bcuz they good people.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
but lmao guys what kind of protection is this? Proxy works fine Maybe MentaL did something wrong? :)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
GohanSSJ said:
No offense, but with the amount of mod this place has i don't feel much safer knowing only mods can see my IP...
yah same here, i mean before we were unknown users. no one knew us, but now if a company like webzen or the guys behind lineageII came here they can get all our id's find us and put a lawsuit on us, which is kinda stupid dont you think? and if ppl get around ip banning just ban em again sheesh its only a 1 min process and if you piss them off enough times they'r not going to bother again

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its not very fair, ntl automatically use a proxy and theres nothing u can do about it, im just lucky i can get online. im sure there must be a way you can find out isp proxies and only ban the others. also my router has a proxy in it which i also cant change, its somehow part of my NAT which cant be disabled

Reaction score
no im on ntl and i have a DHCP assigned address and can change my ip by swaping from ethernet to usb with a 1week lease. perhaps limiting users signup email addresses to ban hotmail gmail yahoo etc would be better than a proxy block and if a moderator is to get hacked anyone can get your IP that'd be the bottom line - drop the proxy block and block free email addresses from signing up and deal with the abusers the normal way :)

Reaction score
Hybr!d said:
Well its not a prob if mod and supermods do see your ip bcuz i know they wont do anything bcuz they good people.
I guess you know that because you got a full psychological profile of them + the info of the FBI that they gathered after months of checking them out...

Trust me when i say that, i trust most of those mods just as much as every other member here, just because they are mods doesn't mean they are trusted.

Reaction score
GohanSSJ said:
I guess you know that because you got a full psychological profile of them + the info of the FBI that they gathered after months of checking them out...

Trust me when i say that, i trust most of those mods just as much as every other member here, just because they are mods doesn't mean they are trusted.

sadly enough i would have to agree with u there <.<

NoPeace - out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back