Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What server version to create?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey RageZone!

What server version should I create in your opinion, I'm learning about packets/opcodes so I can't really update just yet. Also v83 is really stable but really outdated, but v97 and v111 are really buggy like 1% working. I could try fix the bugs, but yet again it'll still be buggy. Should I develop a v83 source till a v111 one comes out that is stable or should I just go on with a v111?

I'd like to have some more opinions.

Kind Regards,
Soxio

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you can't answer this question for yourself, you shouldn't be making a server to begin with.
Nevertheless, you're obviously insistant on it. So, just make a v83, you won't know what to do anyway.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can't answer this question for yourself, you shouldn't be making a server to begin with.
Nevertheless, you're obviously insistant on it. So, just make a v83, you won't know what to do anyway.
No, I can program decently and I know how odinMS works. I'm just not too familiar with packet's/opcodes. So, yeah I guess that's 1 vote for v83.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No, I can program decently and I know how odinMS works. I'm just not too familiar with packet's/opcodes.
So, you're familiar with a piece of server software based around networking, but you're not familiar with networking. That makes sense.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, you're familiar with a piece of server software based around networking, but you're not familiar with networking. That makes sense.

Sorry I should of explained it better, I understand most of the source I'm just not too familiar with the packet sending/receiving parts.
I'm trying to learn about them as we speak. Anyways back on topic please

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry I should of explained it better, I understand most of the source I'm just not too familiar with the packet sending/receiving parts.
I'm trying to learn about them as we speak. Anyways back on topic please

welp, that's half of odin ms, so since you don't know half what you're doing, i suggest v83 to sandbox around in

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
welp, that's half of odin ms, so since you don't know half what you're doing, i suggest v83 to sandbox around in

Okay thanks rice! Is there any tutorials out there that can help me understand this source better. I'm learning Java at the moment so anything besides java tutorials. Also should I make the v83 server live, I feel like making a server that is public.

Kind Regards,
Soxio

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
^If you make it public just don't give away gm positions by donations like the rest of all the trash servers out there :'D

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To get more familiar with packets and such I'd try to update localms from v88 to v90. the packets and opcodes are around somewhere so it shouldn't be too hard. ^^

Upvote 0
Back