• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

What Serverfiles should i switch to?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there :)

I got an problem i am using MUEMU right now and i am quite unhappy with their support and also their features for Season 6. It seams like he is promoting stuff that doesnt work out of the box.

So i am aksing is there somehting better i did not try any others yet. Are they compatible? Are they better? Are they worse? Whats your experience?

IGCN
Louis
X-Team
SSeMU
OpenMu( I think its still in ealry development)

Any others?

Thx for your help and your infos :D <3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, MuEmu is a dump truck. Every server running on those files is bound to fail. (Talking from personal experience)

I can give you an insight since I own licenses for all that you mentioned:

1. IGCN - Amazing work, team, files are super organised and settings are really easy to do. You don't have access to do much custom, but if you're not really interested in that these are the most stable files.

2. X-Team - Same as IGCN, great work, and this is a better option because they offer LUA scripting which allows you to manage the game and do tons of crazy stuff, if you're good at coding and looking for room to practice your skills and do custom stuff in Mu Online then this would be a safe bet.

3. Louis - It has a few nice features for a season 6, and a lot of potential but for now I decided to not use it anymore because values and config files are messed up, it's a really messy source code it runs on, I was using stored procedures to work around many of these bugs but eventually it wasn't worth it. Also louis never replies to whatsapp and he's refusing to fix even critical bugs.

The rest aren't even worth mentioning. If you're looking to spend some money and have it easy for you to install and run a server just go with options 1 or 2. If you want to actually work or learn to be honest it's best to be downloading a source code and start working on it yourself.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That was a super awesome explenation thx man :D

Acctually while going through Louis xD i felt exactly what you wrote xD.

IGCN is just so expensive xD.

and X-Team lua programming seems to be interesting cause i like programming i never touched LUA thoug. XD

I really appriciate your guidance.

If anyone els wants to Contribute to this Post feel free to do so i am very interested in that topic overall and i think many others are too.

Well, MuEmu is a dump truck. Every server running on those files is bound to fail. (Talking from personal experience)

I can give you an insight since I own licenses for all that you mentioned:

1. IGCN - Amazing work, team, files are super organised and settings are really easy to do. You don't have access to do much custom, but if you're not really interested in that these are the most stable files.

2. X-Team - Same as IGCN, great work, and this is a better option because they offer LUA scripting which allows you to manage the game and do tons of crazy stuff, if you're good at coding and looking for room to practice your skills and do custom stuff in Mu Online then this would be a safe bet.

3. Louis - It has a few nice features for a season 6, and a lot of potential but for now I decided to not use it anymore because values and config files are messed up, it's a really messy source code it runs on, I was using stored procedures to work around many of these bugs but eventually it wasn't worth it. Also louis never replies to whatsapp and he's refusing to fix even critical bugs.

The rest aren't even worth mentioning. If you're looking to spend some money and have it easy for you to install and run a server just go with options 1 or 2. If you want to actually work or learn to be honest it's best to be downloading a source code and start working on it yourself.

Good luck

But your IceGC Mu Online is running using Louis ? ^^

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You could try ExTeam or zTeam free repacks with source codes for Season 6, as you like programming.

Source codes = Possibility to make any custom thing you want and also you are making an unique server (New custom in-game windows, new events, new commands for players, News Update interface on Login, etc) Your imagination is the limit.

Not sure exactly, but LUA scripting is pretty limited because I don't think someone would do LUA APIs for everything so you could control the entire server from LUA scripts. It's very risky and could have many security issues.

Having the C++ source codes for GameServer, Client DLL and DataServer, that's mostly everything you need to do any custom things.

Personally, I'm not a fan of spending money on free things which every other server files are using from others.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idk if I mentioned it before in a PM or in thread when I got asked about it, I did a lot of work on IceGC and I'm currently advertising for it but I don't own the server, they do indeed run Louis files. I'm personally working on a season 17 IGCN right now, I haven't advertised it here yet because it's just beta but if you're curious send me a PM and I'll show more details there.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could try ExTeam or zTeam free repacks with source codes for Season 6, as you like programming.

Source codes = Possibility to make any custom thing you want and also you are making an unique server (New custom in-game windows, new events, new commands for players, News Update interface on Login, etc) Your imagination is the limit.

Not sure exactly, but LUA scripting is pretty limited because I don't think someone would do LUA APIs for everything so you could control the entire server from LUA scripts. It's very risky and could have many security issues.

Having the C++ source codes for GameServer, Client DLL and DataServer, that's mostly everything you need to do any custom things.

Personally, I'm not a fan of spending money on free things which every other server files are using from others.

I have actually not checked exTeam or zTeam out jet. Would be interresting though to do custom changes for the game myself xD. (Just scared of the extra amaount of work xD)

Do they have offical sites or sources if so where can i find them i tried to search but i didnt really get what i wanted xD.

Thx allready for everything.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I have actually not checked exTeam or zTeam out jet. Would be interresting though to do custom changes for the game myself xD. (Just scared of the extra amaount of work xD)

Do they have offical sites or sources if so where can i find them i tried to search but i didnt really get what i wanted xD.

Thx allready for everything.

I'm afraid no, they don't have websites anymore. They've quitted Mu development area but they released their source codes as gifts for community and maybe someone else would continue their projects.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-zteam-season-6-3-a-1127956/

https://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-ex-team-source-multiserver-1162673/

Yes, if you want to do something cool, you will need to invest time in developing what you want, but if you really want a unique server, this is how you should go, or even just for fun or practice in Mu development.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What were your issues with MUEMU?

I heard that they have changed their team and now are working on new features, updating the seasons etc.
I am also looking for custom Castle Siege system and they were the only ones that were willing to try and code it for me.

So, for now i am thinking of getting them if they manage to make the system i'm asking for.

Upvote 0
Back