Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What would you want in a good private server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is just 100% curiosity, I'm just wondering what features you would want to see in a server to be able to call it good, and keep playing it, do you like high rates/mid rates/low rates, etc.

No flaming please :D:

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like an owner that knows what he's doing. Somebody with years of experience, business tactics, expert coding knowledge and a total lack of bias and corruption. Someone that doesn't get overwhelmed by his/her job, or rages at his/her players. Somebody that's mature on their server and shows a good example of what a professional server owner should be.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A server that fixed the things flyff lacks in. Quest, implent of their story, balanced equip, more things to do eaqrly lvled so it wont just be grind etc.

And at last, somethings that makes you feel proud of being max lvled, having good equip or cs set. If everyone runs around at max lvl with the same cs set etc then it aint fun. it should be a mix of things.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A server that fixed the things flyff lacks in. Quest, implent of their story, balanced equip, more things to do eaqrly lvled so it wont just be grind etc.

And at last, somethings that makes you feel proud of being max lvled, having good equip or cs set. If everyone runs around at max lvl with the same cs set etc then it aint fun. it should be a mix of things.

I released a system that makes the server owner able to set questing exp.
No one used this system to make questing more popular.
I used it on my own server they didn't do any quest just grinding since that goes faster in any private server anyway.
The rates are too high the one that wants a low rated server are better off playing the official servers.Since low rated private server aren't Popular enough. I even implanted the old pk system no one liked too pk or bounty hunt. (Might be that the server wasn't popular anymore)

Same as running v5 files too few people want to play it. The ones that wants to play are the ones know the good fly for fun.

Ohh yea for the ones that keep saying that releases here are from other forums.
Those are German forums Ragezone is one of the best English Mmorpg development forum.

I don't want this section too be closed down -.- don't talk MentaL into doing so...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I released a system that makes the server owner able to set questing exp.
No one used this system to make questing more popular.
I used it on my own server they didn't do any quest just grinding since that goes faster in any private server anyway.
The rates are too high the one that wants a low rated server are better off playing the official servers.Since low rated private server aren't Popular enough. I even implanted the old pk system no one liked too pk or bounty hunt. (Might be that the server wasn't popular anymore)

Same as running v5 files too few people want to play it. The ones that wants to play are the ones know the good fly for fun.

Ohh yea for the ones that keep saying that releases here are from other forums.
Those are German forums Ragezone is one of the best English Mmorpg development forum.

I don't want this section too be closed down -.- don't talk MentaL into doing so...

True, I'm one of those who want a low rated server but higher than eflyff.
I remember the good old iflyff, 65 45 125. Best rates ever. Those rates and a normal max level cap + question would be fun :3
Well thats me, sadly barley anyone agree with me. I kinda hope the same thing that happend with maplestory servers will happend here.

Oh and i'm glad to hear about that system, defently going to check it out. will be needed for the server idea i got. been away from developing way too long x3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally, I like servers where the staff (GM's and such) are more active in the community, and actually enjoy helping players and hosting events.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally, I like servers where the staff (GM's and such) are more active in the community, and actually enjoy helping players and hosting events.

That's like.. Basics. If a server dont keep close with the community then ofc that server is crap.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2 words:

Good management.

--

If I see that, I'll be more then willing to play. For one simple reason, to support professional staff. Customs, balance and such is just a bonus.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's like.. Basics. If a server dont keep close with the community then ofc that server is crap.

I wouldn't say that, most private servers that wind up getting lots and lots of players, don't have the nicest staff members, it's about having staff who are at a mature enough age where they can do what they need to do, resolve conflicts, all that, but also not abuse their authority, or look at it as just a game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that, most private servers that wind up getting lots and lots of players, don't have the nicest staff members, it's about having staff who are at a mature enough age where they can do what they need to do, resolve conflicts, all that, but also not abuse their authority, or look at it as just a game.

That's kind of what i men't with it's a basic thing. Good Staff is something that every server MUST have. If they don't then it can't be counted as a server in my opinion. Then it's just a bunch of kids playing around and thought they could make money on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's kind of what i men't with it's a basic thing. Good Staff is something that every server MUST have. If they don't then it can't be counted as a server in my opinion. Then it's just a bunch of kids playing around and thought they could make money on it.

Not necessarily, there are some servers who have staff members who I wouldn't consider to be "kids playing around" but at the same time, they're not the most pleasant to be around. They're professional, but they're too much about the making money part and don't care enough about the community to try to be a part of it

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not necessarily, there are some servers who have staff members who I wouldn't consider to be "kids playing around" but at the same time, they're not the most pleasant to be around. They're professional, but they're too much about the making money part and don't care enough about the community to try to be a part of it

True, you got a point on that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Active GM's

2. Balance

3. Something to do when you get top lvl

4. Good CS at NPC's for penya

5. lots of people playing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To me a good private server is where you feel comfortable in the community, friendly, nice players that don't mind spending some of their time to help others. Players/people you can enjoy the game with, experiencing it together.
To me it isn't a priority that the Staff is childish in a way, aslong if it doesn't effect the players.
Aslong if they fulfill their job as Staff it's fine with me.

Hence my motto is: "There's a place and a time for everything".

Also a balanced server as in that donators and non-donators dont have a huge gap between them (PvE & PvP wise).
A server that is constantly developing new systems, new content.
A server on which the owner keeps in contact with the players and staff, keeping them updated.

I got go on and on about what I would deem good in a FlyFF private server but the list is to long:/:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A lot of people have this belief that everyone who looks for private servers is lazy and just wants to level quickly, get everything that is a luxury on official servers easily, etc...
As someone whose only reason to still play on officials (even if it's just to log once in a saturday) is because of custom content and high rates being found in every good private, I disagree with those comments.

I like Flyff, the game, and I don't like how so many privates try to turn the game into something it isn't, and will never be.
Flyff was made for PvM. The pvp has always been an after-thought. This is why the pvp 'balance' is given so little care. All the mechanics and existing items in the game point to that. It takes more than a few tweaks to change that, if ever.
Merging ideas of your favorite MMORPG into Flyff doesn't fixes anything. From my point of view most private servers who put too much custom content and 'unique' features turn the game into a fugly chimera. Since the game itself has been trying to play catch up with popular MMOs that's saying something.

I would gladly play on a private server that didn't stray from the original mechanics but still did a good job at fixing what needed a fix. But such a server couldn't possibly exist under the administration of someone who insists the game needs to be twisted into WoW SuperDeformed or some variation of a PvP driven game.
What I would play would be a private with rates no higher than 5x, removal of a big list of cash items and balance-breaking consumables, all the frustrating bugs that haunt the officials for years to be fixed, all the broken quests to be fixed so they can actually be finished at the proper level, the drop system working as it should and not like the pile of crap that the officials have become since v18, ALL BOSSES being worth-farming, all rare weapons being soul-linked WITH THERE BEING NO SCROLL OF UNBIND, MP and critical hit damage awakenings removed, knights/templars being the tankers of the game, no longer any class being able to tank for themselves, no longer any class being able to solo bosses that should be requiring teamwork... no longer the game being cash-shop dependant, donation rewards being stricly aesthetical or flying/pick up pet related (only way to get pets that not doggy or tanuki for example)...

I could go on and on. The point is not only me, but a lot of people I talk to in the officials would gladly play in a server if it only fixed simple things like that instead of trying to build another game on top of Flyff. People that like the game itself the way it is, just not as broken. Legit Fly For Fun that simply gets rid of the flaws brought by the greed of Gala.

That's what I wanted in a private server. But I know that's never going to happen.

I don't know what's so wrong about wishing for a private server like that, when all 90% of the servers do nowadays is copy each other and call themselves 'unique' by changing a few numbers in the rates.
If you don't like low rates that's okay, there are millions of options out there. But people like me have none. We either don't play at all or stick to a server full of bugs, OP cash stuff, awful economy and overrun by hackers stealing our penya.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New world. Better balancing of pvm and pvp. Customization.

I'd prefer someone to just redo Fly For Fun as if they were attempting to create a new game. If I wanted to play FlyFF, I'd go play officials.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. Professional Staff (not leechers)
2. Balanced jobs
3. Anti Hit-n-Run Arenas
4. Guild Sieges with more than 2 guilds
5. The server can't be a Donators Only
6. Community that talks English and not only German/Pinoy
7. No UBER awakes/items/cards
8. Mid rates
9. Active GM's

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed, although absolutely balance is not only impossible, but a bad idea.
3. No. This drives players away.
4. Agreed, but this is based on the player count.
5. Agreed if you're running a charity, disagreed if you're money hungry. A good balance of both makes a good private server.
6. That's somewhat racist. Players should be able to speak any language they want in-game. If possible, just make alternate channels for different languages.
7. This isn't a huge deal. Higher numbers doesn't equal a bad thing. There's no difference between a ratio of 100k damage and 100k hp, and 1mil hp and 1mil damage. However, if done wrong, stronger cards, weapons, etc. can imbalance the game.
8. Most players want high rates or nothing. You can't get a popular v6, mid/low rate, or difficult server. Players want high rates, easier leveling, etc. Having source code leaked has spoiled players.
9. Active GM's are good, but activity doesn't equal to standing around the arena and talking 24/7. They should do their job and catch rule breakers, moderate siege, etc. Most private servers have GM's that penis around and AFK most of the time while visible, showing off or boosting their ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back